Compete for resources

Started by evrett33, January 08, 2015, 05:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evrett33

Instead of having raids suicide against turrets in cartoony numbers as they do, how about some of them build a building like the beseigers do and stick around. Settle and compete for resources.  They can use up mining nods and tree and hunting and the like and shoot at your people who come near. On the maps I play there is plenty of room for additional settlements.

Zilch

Would work great on large maps, would be horrendous on small ones.

JonoRig

My only issue would be is, if you have this whole world map, and theres only 4 or 5 major factions, why would they purposely build where you land? maybe if its a small outpost to keep an eye on you, or as a staging point, but whole bases trying to steal your resources seems a bit... much, to me personally anyway. They raid you because they want people to enslave, recruit or sell, or because they think you are a threat (in my mind) but its not necessarily a territorial war

Coenmcj

Aye, but what if it was a mere slaving outpost? a temporary stop for your kidnapped colonists before heading off into the grand unknown to be put to slavery for the remainder of their imaginably small lives?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Johnny Masters

That makes more sense. Then yeah, it could be cool!

They could lay some basic foundations, quarters, hospital, growing, food production and defenses. They could launch attacks and return there to lick their wounds. Losses could be supplemented from out of map reinforcements. Some kind of raider boss could stay around the base and you'd need to take him out to dismantle the outpost.

Only problem i see with that is the constant back and forth of mortar shelling, that depending on how regular these outposts would appear could make it really annoying.