Add a lightning rod structure and a Comms tower

Started by MerlosTheMad, August 27, 2016, 10:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MerlosTheMad

The Lightning rod power option would be a great alternative for when that double-whammy volcanic ash and eclipse event chain hits. A couple lightning strikes during a thunderstorm would charge a battery to full; on top of that it would prevent dry lightning strikes from hitting too close to your base and posing a threat.

Adversely, adding a comms tower to the comms bench would add an additional danger to thunderstorms, as being struck would cause an explosion, and would encourage the building and maintenance of at least one nearby lightning rod.

What d'yah guys think?

LouisTBR

I think it's a great idea! Can I please point out that Lightning Rod is in the frequent suggestions list...
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

nhatanh0475

Yeah we human have invented pointy technology to redirect lightning to protect our house. Our pawns should have the same tech level to do that as well. This would allow us to have more control over such elements. Some time I don't like how most of the thing in the game we could have prevent if only Tynan and Ludeon would implement such thing to counter-part nature.
I approve this "adding Lightning rod into the game"