[Question] is it possible for chlothing to be bigger then wearer?

Started by Kinakin, January 09, 2015, 11:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinakin

I was wondering if it is possible for a worn pice of chlothing to be bigger then the wearer.
My idea was that i could make a custom armor that would act as a robot suit. And change the way the colonist looks. Sorta like a colonist wearing one of thoose worm robots.

Is it possible?

S4NDBE4R

Of course, armor is just a layer. So anything "bigger" should be fine.

Or are you asking if it can be bigger than the base 128x128 pixel count?

Shinzy

Quote from: Kinakin on January 09, 2015, 11:27:37 AM
I was wondering if it is possible for a worn pice of chlothing to be bigger then the wearer.
My idea was that i could make a custom armor that would act as a robot suit. And change the way the colonist looks. Sorta like a colonist wearing one of thoose worm robots.

Is it possible?

If you make it a VERY large hat then yes (Other apparel would show your colonists head through)
and even then any other shell layer apparel would show through when the back sprite is shown so
it'll end up being bit dodgy =P
you could possibly put the hat to be a shell layer aswell but the game might freak out
I never tried that, but I know apparel freaks out if youmake them an overhead layer items so =P

Edit: okay you can make a hat that covers torso on a shell layer (you'll just have to make the entire set for each body type and so
(Could also be used to make hats that didn't remove hair layer which I would have done weeks ago if I wasn't so lazy and afraid it'll break something on the long run =P)