[A16] A1000 (v1.1) Gun mod.(more vanilla friendly)

Started by Compo, March 26, 2017, 08:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compo

A1000

Download Latest version
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ibd3xmchnzd1nd5/AAA-KvT6R1A0sSIWvP42qrE2a?dl=0

Description:
The A1000 is a powerful weapon, with some different accessories you can kit it out with.
The accessories include:
A Bayonet. This will help you out in close quarter situations.
A Lasersight. Fitted to the front of the gun, will improve accuracy at short range.
A Foregrip. This improves the accuracy of the gun at medium range.
A 3x Scope. This improves accuracy at longer distances, also improves the guns range.

Note: Each item, may or may-not have a detrimental effect on the gun. This is for balancing, and I may tweek to find a suitable spot.

There are a couple of other versions of the A1000 available, which I made really to experiment with, and have a bit of fun.
You can fully upgrade the standard A1000 with all 4 accessories, or just 1 or 2, its up to you.
The cost, work, and crafting ability will rise with each type of item you wish to add to the gun.
The quality of the gun, is still a big factor on how well it operates. A Shoddy A1000, is still a shoddy gun.

This is my VERY first mod ever. Ive learnt lots in the past week or so, and would like to thank the very helpful folks over at the Ludeon forums (Granitecosmos and jimthenoob especially)for their help.
There's still lots to learn, and bigger plans are on the horizon. Though there is alot more things I can do to this one, and improve it in places I know.
I will be updating descriptions.

It should be absolutely fine with saves, and ive had no problems with other mods (so far).

If you find a bug or have a suggestion, feel free to leave a comment.
Yes..I know my pixel-art is shoddy!

Sub Topic

Author/Mod Team
Compo

Download
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cxn8cces1x3bf4x/AABOmD4SEegEp0zy7lmJx2kca?dl=0
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892234587&searchtext=

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Granitecosmos

I'd have several suggestions but it would probably be too much work to implement; things like removing and adding attachments to partially/fully upgraded guns, etc. I like the idea behind the mod, weapon attachments and modification could be a nice mechanic for the game.

I do have some concerns, though:
Even the base gun is extremely strong, basically a 4 shot burst automatic shotgun with a sniper's range. Too cheap. Increase market value from 500 to 3000. Even then, balance is highly questionable, especially with the accuracy attachments.

Mind you, I don't actually use weapon mods (since 90% of them make vanilla guns obsolete) and only checked stats in the xml. So wait for some more feedback.

Compo

Sorry bud, i only just saw youre reply!
Yes it would be perfect to be able to just add/remove parts.

I dont use vanilla weapons, well not for a long time. It kinda bugged me how accurate they were.
So i was kinda measuring it up against the weapons i use (mainly other assault rifles). I wanted to even out the power, with accuracy. The gun isnt very accurate. And, i think its impossible to get touch to 100%. This left room for the attachments.
Actually even with all attachments, I think it needs to be masterwork to get 100% across the boards.
As for the price, yes i'll have to look into that :)

But overall..yes ive always been a wee bit concerned it maybe OP.
Ive got a friend using on a playthrough, and he hasnt said its OP, but then i dont think hes made a legendary, fully loaded one yet.
Thanks for the suggestions mate, appreciated, and your help :)

skullywag

How are you handling adding accessories. Tonnes of recipes taking all combinations into account? Something custom?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Compo

Yes mate, LOTS of recipes and graphic for each combo lol.
Which in turn has left the workbench cluttered pretty bad.
I was hoping for a way to make it more organised, but it seems you need to use something more than xml.

Krzarb

Thanks for the mod, it's working well so far and fun to use. I don't find the clutter to be too bad, seeing as the mod has its own worktable. The gun is probably a bit OP though, a high quality and fully upgraded A1000 can shoot four 20 damage bullets in quick succession at a range that surpasses a sniper rifle. Although a fully upgraded gun does have a substantial component cost, somewhere in the order of 20 components I think.

skullywag

Quote from: Compo on March 29, 2017, 04:29:52 AM
I was hoping for a way to make it more organised, but it seems you need to use something more than xml.

Haha no worries, I have a very similar mod for all the vanilla weapons with LOADS of attachments (hence I was hoping youd found a nice way of handling this), as youve found there is no way to really handle this, i have a TODO to make c# mod that would allow this in a nicer way but have yet to find A, the time and B, a nice way of handling it. One day.....

Compo

Quote from: Krzarb on March 29, 2017, 05:28:11 AM
Thanks for the mod, it's working well so far and fun to use. I don't find the clutter to be too bad, seeing as the mod has its own worktable. The gun is probably a bit OP though, a high quality and fully upgraded A1000 can shoot four 20 damage bullets in quick succession at a range that surpasses a sniper rifle. Although a fully upgraded gun does have a substantial component cost, somewhere in the order of 20 components I think.

No probs & thx buddy :) Did you use the dropbox link? I have no idea if it works or not lol.

Maybe i should tweak the range abit/alot?
The guns with a 3xscope on it, should drop to 3 burst shots, and rate of fire (even the fully loaded option). Maybe i missed something, i'll check a little later. Cheers for the heads up!

Compo

Quote from: skullywag on March 29, 2017, 06:22:12 AM

Haha no worries, I have a very similar mod for all the vanilla weapons with LOADS of attachments (hence I was hoping youd found a nice way of handling this), as youve found there is no way to really handle this, i have a TODO to make c# mod that would allow this in a nicer way but have yet to find A, the time and B, a nice way of handling it. One day.....

Very cool mate. If you do get around to it, and remember could you let me know pls ;)
Is your vanilla mod on steam? Someone asked in my comments last night for such a thing.

Canute

I think everyone know Infusion mod, which add pre/suffix to items.
When it is possible to modify existing items to add these kind to an item.
Maybe all these attachments are right click activateable item which add an effect to the wielded weapon.
Then you got at the end a A1000 with 5(?) prefix.

Maybe this is a solution.

skullywag

Nah its a private half finished mod, I have tonnes of em. I have a todo list 170 ish items long all modding related, only about 50 relate to mods ive released....thats kinda scary....

Compo

Quote from: Canute on March 29, 2017, 09:46:16 AM

I think everyone know Infusion mod, which add pre/suffix to items.
When it is possible to modify existing items to add these kind to an item.
Maybe all these attachments are right click activateable item which add an effect to the wielded weapon.
Then you got at the end a A1000 with 5(?) prefix.

Maybe this is a solution.
Ah..i was very close to adding that mod a whiles back. Cant remember exactly why i didnt?
But thanks for the tip, i'll have a look at it mate :)

Compo

Quote from: skullywag on March 29, 2017, 10:02:31 AM
Nah its a private half finished mod, I have tonnes of em. I have a todo list 170 ish items long all modding related, only about 50 relate to mods ive released....thats kinda scary....

:o
lol...170!? Bogged down much? haha.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, ive had a good look at the ranges of the weapon. After looking at the vanilla ones (esp sniper rifle), and toned it down alot! Theres no-way I wanted it to have an edge over a sniper rifle at range. Its just the ones i was comparing the A1000 to, were from a mod that I really like...and some of them have range of 50 or more.

So ive made it "more" vanilla friendly.
The gun still can have a good range advantage over the vanilla assault rifle, but has slower aiming time+cool down. Tho its still got that power, which you pay for.

Im now about to update to 1.1, well probs in about 30mins.
Thanks for feedback guys, keep it coming if you feel somethings wrong ;)