[A11b] Pawn State Icons (v04c) 22.07.2015

Started by Sadler, January 09, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florius

Quote from: falcongrey on April 25, 2016, 04:49:50 PM
Quote from: Florius on April 25, 2016, 03:11:50 PM
This is not possible as the owner of the mod doesn't update it anymore. We all want a proper mod but there is no source code available. So we will have to make the best of what we have :)
It is fully compatible, the only thing is the disease icon.

I am not a programmer myself, but yeah it is a little bit more then just extracting it as far as I know.

Wouldn't decompiling the dll be all that is needed to re-edit this mod? Or is there more to this than I see on the surface?

Edit: I currently have it as  a C# project on my computer. I can zip it up and send it to anyone who wants it...

falcongrey

In nearly every instance of using this mod, no matter the location in the MOD order I eventually run into a problem with multiple  references to this error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorldIconMod.PSI.updateOptionsDialog () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorldIconMod.PSI.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

along with the pawns all eventually stop and stand unable to determine what job they are suppose to do...

Not really understanding what seems to be broken and how to fix it, I've attached the decompiled assembly in the hopes that it can help someone else who knows how to understand this better.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

falcongrey

Ok, I believe I recreated the SLN project successfully with a little help from examining Haplo's  "How to make an .dll-mod" tutorial.

I can examine it freely with VB and edit / modify the DLL then recompile it successfully (and have it still work!).

Being there is that 600k attachment limit, I'm linking it from my dropbox.

PLEASE NOTE: This is ONLY the source project and NOT the mod!
RimWorldIconMod.dll_SLN_project.7z

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: falcongrey on April 29, 2016, 05:42:39 PM
Ok, I believe I recreated the SLN project successfully with a little help from examining Haplo's  "How to make an .dll-mod" tutorial.

I can examine it freely with VB and edit / modify the DLL then recompile it successfully (and have it still work!).

Being there is that 600k attachment limit, I'm linking it from my dropbox.

PLEASE NOTE: This is ONLY the source project and NOT the mod!
RimWorldIconMod.dll_SLN_project.7z

Not sure the number of downloads dropbox will allow, but you could always upload it to nexusmods as well if that becomes a problem.

lance789

Vader

falcongrey

Quote from: Vader on April 30, 2016, 03:37:32 AM
I'm working on it.

Thanks to hear.

Quote from: lance789 on April 29, 2016, 11:30:16 PM
any ETA for this mod for A13?
It DOES work, kind of from a past rework by skyarkhangel in this post.

Though I do advise, use with caution. It needs a bit of rework still. If I play too long with this mod installed, I will tend to have issues like pawns standing and doing nothing, trying to figure out what their primary jobs are just for starters.  I originally thought it was another mod causing the state of standing and unable to determine their main job role but after looking at the coding of the DLL and removing this mod have not noticed it occurring anymore.

Additionally it doesn't have the new diseases and conditions so sometimes show the wrong icon for something wrong. Disabling the disease icon stops this error as a work around... but still an error.

Rock5

Still... I can't play without this mod, now that I've gotten used to it. :)
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

falcongrey

Quote from: Rock5 on April 30, 2016, 11:40:49 PM
Still... I can't play without this mod, now that I've gotten used to it. :)

LOL! I know the feeling! I'm struggling to survive without it until a more compatible version is available.

Rock5

Well... the only issue I've had is that illness icon not going away. So I'm happy I can use this version in the mean time instead of having to do without like some of you. :)
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Vader

As promised above, I adapted to the new mod version of the game. Mod certainly needs to be improved, and what I'll do in the near future.
GitHub

Florius

Quote from: Vader on May 03, 2016, 05:10:58 PM
As promised above, I adapted to the new mod version of the game. Mod certainly needs to be improved, and what I'll do in the near future.
GitHub

Perhaps an idea to open a new topic to update, and update the title so people know it is usable, and easy to find?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Vader on May 03, 2016, 05:10:58 PM
GitHub

Thank you, you really helped, because I'm too engaged in hardcore sk update.

Vader

I support the proposal to create a new topic for the updated version of the mod. Also I suggest to make all the changes in one branch on github by pull requests. Link respectively published in the new issue.

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Vader on May 05, 2016, 10:10:11 AM
I support the proposal to create a new topic for the updated version of the mod. Also I suggest to make all the changes in one branch on github by pull requests. Link respectively published in the new issue.
I agree. I'm confused as to what to download here, and who is making what. If the mod in the OP for this thread is dead, then so should the thread.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub