[A11b] Pawn State Icons (v04c) 22.07.2015

Started by Sadler, January 09, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epyk

Quote from: Sadler on January 11, 2015, 09:52:52 AM
Quote from: Epyk on January 11, 2015, 09:37:07 AMThis just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?
I hope so. I just worry about keeping it neat and minimalistic ;D.

Don't worry. It's spot-at right now.
Just keep doing what you're doing.  :)
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Rocky-3

Just wanted to say that this is a great mod, and suggest if possible an icon for being drafted since it might be harder to do than normal status effects.

Sadler

Quote from: Rocky-3 on January 12, 2015, 07:27:25 PMJust wanted to say that this is a great mod, and suggest if possible an icon for being drafted since it might be harder to do than normal status effects.
I thought that draft is clearly distinguishable because name of your colonist become underlined when you draft him. But if you really need it, I'll figure something out. Now I'm working on two new icons: "idle" and "no weapon", so "draft" will be next.

Sadler

Update, v02d. Three new icons: "check mark" apears when your colonists are idle, "struck-through pistol" is for unarmed, "star" icon is for drafted. If you feel that some of that new icons are too intrusive or unnecessary, read the "Tips And Tricks" section. All icons:

Rocky-3

Quote from: Sadler on January 12, 2015, 09:23:31 PM
I thought that draft is clearly distinguishable because name of your colonist become underlined when you draft him. But if you really need it, I'll figure something out. Now I'm working on two new icons: "idle" and "no weapon", so "draft" will be next.
Quote from: Sadler on January 13, 2015, 10:13:17 AM
Update, v02d. Three new icons: "check mark" apears when your colonists are idle, "struck-through pistol" is for unarmed, "star" icon is for drafted.
I had no idea it did that o: And thanks!

Sadler

Quote from: Rocky-3 on January 13, 2015, 10:16:46 AMAnd thanks!
Thank you and all people who still gives me a lot of wonderful ideas to make PSI better! ;)

bullet

It seems that the disease icon appears a few days before the moment when colonists really get sick malaria :P

Sadler

Quote from: bullet on January 13, 2015, 08:37:30 PMIt seems that the disease icon appears a few days before the moment when colonists really get sick malaria :P
Oh, I see. I think it's because malaria has some sort of hidden phase that cannot be diagnosed, but my mod catches it. That's kinda cheaty, so I will fix that in the next version of my mod.

bullet

Quote from: Sadler on January 13, 2015, 09:34:39 PM
Quote from: bullet on January 13, 2015, 08:37:30 PMIt seems that the disease icon appears a few days before the moment when colonists really get sick malaria :P
Oh, I see. I think it's because malaria has some sort of hidden phase that cannot be diagnosed, but my mod catches it. That's kinda cheaty, so I will fix that in the next version of my mod.
or, as I understood, storyteller planning all event ahead of time and your mod just sees this. In any case, is not the most terrible bug. One can easily imagine that this is simply a manifestation of initial symptoms  :P

Igabod

Quote from: Sadler on January 13, 2015, 09:34:39 PM

I just experienced it with the flu as well. I suspected it was due to the storyteller selecting an event to happen but the event didn't happen immediately. I tested it again after that game ended abruptly by going into dev mode and triggering a flu event. The icon appeared immediately after triggering the event but the flu didn't show up till a few days later.

bullet

I thought that the storyteller just is planning a certain type of event, such as a raid from any fraction or some undefined illness, etc. Unfortunately I do not know exactly how it works in reality...  well, just "Curiouser and curiouser" )

eternalglory

Sadler

Quote from: Igabod on January 14, 2015, 03:57:38 AMThe icon appeared immediately after triggering the event but the flu didn't show up till a few days later.
As I thought, it is the hidden phase. I've fixed it already, testing now. If everything is ok, fixed version will be released in some hours.

Calico

Thank you very much for this very helpful mod! Keep it minimalistic, it seems to be in a very nice spot now. Enough Icons for everything but some border cases. Will use it in every future game.

Sadler

PSI v02e is here.  Now you will not be able to see hidden diseases and disease states even if you have a surly doctor on pills in your colony. Specially for connoisseurs of fair play. ;)