[A11b] Pawn State Icons (v04c) 22.07.2015

Started by Sadler, January 09, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endoric

Sadler

New version, small bugfix update. Somebody asked me, why all of the prisoners have that "unarmed" icon. Now they are not.

muffins

Thankyou for this mod. I don't think I can ever imagine living without it now!

Riccars

Just a thought, I think the no weapon icon should look like this.

Sadler

Quote from: Riccars on January 28, 2015, 10:17:57 PMJust a thought, I think the no weapon icon should look like this.
Whole last week I was working on new big update. If I have some time, I'll work on "Unarmed" icon too. First of all I want to do something with Hot and Cold (small white-red circles looks too similar, that confuses).

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sadler

New version! v03a. Already available on Nexus. Much more configurable. Changelog:

• Alternative icon sets.
  • Screen-scale icons (optionally, enabled by default).
  • Mod settings panel (see game options) and configuration presets.
  • Much more detailed properly mipmapped icons.
  • Icons updated: "Hot", "Bloodloss", "Unarmed".
  • "Hot" and "Cold" recolored: semi-transparent gray -- discomfort, white/yellow -- unsafe, red -- extremely unsafe.
  • Bugfix: proper target point during hunt.
  • "Crutch" will not appear on low consciousness (during anesthesia and so on).
  • Russian translation.
Enjoy! :)

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

SilverDragon

akiceabear

Possible bug: Not sure about the very latest version, but I noticed that on the prior one a "naked" pawn state is shown even for colonists with the "Nudist" trait, which I think probably should instead be ignored.

Sadler

Quote from: akiceabear on February 02, 2015, 07:21:33 AMPossible bug: Not sure about the very latest version, but I noticed that on the prior one a "naked" pawn state is shown even for colonists with the "Nudist" trait, which I think probably should instead be ignored.
It seems reasonable. I thought also to hide the "unarmed" icon for pacifists (colonists that cannot use weapon), but decided to retain it. Because it's just helpful to know if your colonist can defend himself during the pirate raid.

shhfiftyfive

Quote"Crutch" will not appear on low consciousness (during anesthesia and so on).
could it be possible to leave something like this in game to represent anesthesia? maybe a blue colored crutch or some other icon?

Quote"Hot" and "Cold" recolored: semi-transparent gray -- discomfort, white/yellow -- unsafe, red -- extremely unsafe.
could you maybe make the cold extreme turn blue instead of red, less extreme would be light blue color? just because sometimes the traits hot/cold skinned can lead to confusion.

Sadler

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 04, 2015, 02:39:49 PMcould it be possible to leave something like this in game to represent anesthesia? maybe a blue colored crutch or some other icon?
Hm. Isn't it evident when your colonist lies in medical bed during/after the operation?

QuoteCould you maybe make the cold extreme turn blue instead of red, less extreme would be light blue color? just because sometimes the traits hot/cold skinned can lead to confusion.
That's the reason I started recoloring. But blue icon wasn't attracting player's attention during the game, so I stopped on current compromise variant to release v03a earlier. I will try to reduce the chance of confusion in next versions, but not sure exactly how.

Eliijahh

I have this bug where only one colonist shows the icons.

I'm using the interface edb mod.

Sadler

Quote from: Eliijahh on February 07, 2015, 10:20:46 AMI have this bug where only one colonist shows the icons.
Maybe it's another conflict with edb interface (what I feared since return to gui icons) :(. Is this bug appears everytime or under some circumstances? Do you have any mods except edb?
UPD: I think I found it! 8) This takes place when some mod tries to reimplement pawn activities. Give me a day, I'd like to test the new version by myself and then fixed PSI version will be released.