[A11b] Pawn State Icons (v04c) 22.07.2015

Started by Sadler, January 09, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox

Great mod. but how about show colinist poor gear (A9)

Sadler

Quote from: Fox on February 21, 2015, 12:14:31 PMGreat mod. but how about show colinist poor gear (A9)
I'm workin on it. Current release is quite spontaneous, so I didn't have much time to add all that stuff right away.

cron0

Does the check/idle icon disable the "X colonists are idle" message?

If so, is there a way to re-enable the message?

Sadler

Quote from: cron0 on February 22, 2015, 01:50:47 PMDoes the check/idle icon disable the "X colonists are idle" message?
No, it isn't my mod. Just checked, all messages are on their places.

Rathael

Output log is getting spammed with:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Find.get_ListerPawns () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorldIconMod.PSI.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Sadler

Quote from: Rathael on February 22, 2015, 08:45:08 PMOutput log is getting spammed with NullReferenceException Verse.Find.get_ListerPawns
Is it appears in game menu or during the gameplay? I think, if there is "Find.ListerPawns == null" as it says, your game files are totally corrupted. Reinstallation may help.

In future releases I will add the check to just disable the mod if your core isn't provides all necessary objects.

shhfiftyfive

could be kinda cool to add extra icons for certain colonist types.

like empath, brawler, careful shooter.

could even give skill appropriate golden icons for pawns with near legendary status in a skill so you know who to send where without opening the work menu or memorizing who is good at what.

might wish to be a separate but compatible mod though.

and shown in a non-intrusive way, not to hinder your ability to see the important debuff icons in this one.

Sadler

First of all I must consider how I can put so much data into one small icon without using text or 2d-bitmask. Good puzzle, I'll think about it.

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: Sadler on February 23, 2015, 04:09:52 AM
First of all I must consider how I can put so much data into one small icon without using text or 2d-bitmask. Good puzzle, I'll think about it.
actually we could probably do it much like/where ebd's interface adds hotkeys. (or maybe have edb implement the idea)

for example, when you select pawns with edb, he has hotkeys+ icons for equipped weapons show up in the bottom left by the draft hotkey. so you know which weapon is equipped without opening the "colonist gear sub menu". that's great, but let's go one step further.

so my idea would go one step further and similarly bring more of the info from those colonist sub menus out to the main display...

maybe you could add icons right above where that hotkey would be displayed in his interface mod when a pawn is selected, to coincide. that spot above the hotkeys seems like a good place for some additional info. like empath, brawler, etc icons. so you would know if the hotkey wasn't available in edb, and there was no empath/brawler icon above, then you still need to give that guy a weapon. else ignore searching submenu for such info.

could be better than cycling through colonists AND THEN opening the appropriate sub menu to get said further info.

you could even use that spot on the display to show other new icons like traits or injury types or legendary skills. idk. just a thought. anything to prevent us from having to open those sub menus for further info.

Rathael

Quote from: Sadler on February 23, 2015, 01:03:20 AM
Quote from: Rathael on February 22, 2015, 08:45:08 PMOutput log is getting spammed with NullReferenceException Verse.Find.get_ListerPawns
Is it appears in game menu or during the gameplay? I think, if there is "Find.ListerPawns == null" as it says, your game files are totally corrupted. Reinstallation may help.

In future releases I will add the check to just disable the mod if your core isn't provides all necessary objects.

It only shows up in the output.txt log. Doesn't seem to affect gameplay. I will re-install and see if it goes away.

Sadler

Quote from: Rathael on February 23, 2015, 12:07:53 PMIt only shows up in the output.txt log. Doesn't seem to affect gameplay. I will re-install and see if it goes away.
OK. I'd like to release the next version of PSI in a few days. There would be some additional checks (for example, not to find colonists while you are in main menu). Just in case.

Rathael

Quote from: Sadler on February 23, 2015, 12:32:06 PM
OK. I'd like to release the next version of PSI in a few days. There would be some additional checks (for example, not to find colonists while you are in main menu). Just in case.

Re-install did nothing. I did check and it seems to be only in the first part of the output log, not the part during gameplay. So it does seem to only be happening in the menu. It looks like this up top:

PSI Injected

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

at RimWorldIconMod.PSI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And then it spams that over and over until the game loads:

UnloadTime: 1.138524 ms
Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 14 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 4771.
Total: 27.158318 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.190458 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.322933 ms MarkObjects: 25.797466 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.046078 ms)

Initializing map from file Rimton with mods <snip>

Sadler

Quote from: Rathael on February 23, 2015, 04:41:31 PMRe-install did nothing. I did check and it seems to be only in the first part of the output log, not the part during gameplay. So it does seem to only be happening in the menu.
Thanks for your report, will be fixed in the next version.

Sadler

v03d :

• Two new icons: "tattered cloth" and "pacifist".
  • Bugfix: additional checks to prevent "get_ListerPawns" spam inside output_log.txt file.

darkspire

does this mod compartible with edb interface ui mosd ? it seems i don't have any status icons when use both mods