[A11b] Pawn State Icons (v04c) 22.07.2015

Started by Sadler, January 09, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shhfiftyfive

i'm also curious what is the situation with that too... can we expect to see PSI work in EdB's interface again in the future? i hear an EdB update broke that a little while back?

I've been running latest build with updated EdB and PSI 03C, and it apparently works fine, it's odd knowing they're incompatible  ??? With 03d, i can see icons on my pawns, but not on prisoners. At least cold, hungry, sad and bleeding, haven't checked the others.

Sadler

PSI v03d is compatible with Alpha 9e and EdB Interface 2.6.4 , at least for me (see attachment). Of course I can rollback all changes since v03c, but it's better to identify, why it isn't working for you. First of all, please attach here your output_log.txt from Rimworld data folder.

[attachment deleted due to age]

shhfiftyfive

alright so maybe my memory has failed me. maybe this was never a feature.

i was thinking there was a time in which the avatars of colonists at the top of the screen from EdB's interface... i was thinking your PSI icons would also show up next to those avatars as well.

was this never a thing? did i just dream it up?

Sadler

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 27, 2015, 02:20:13 AMi was thinking there was a time in which the avatars of colonists at the top of the screen from EdB's interface... i was thinking your PSI icons would also show up next to those avatars as well. Was this never a thing? did i just dream it up?
Yeah, there was no integration with EdB top-panel, but I will see if it's possible to realize this as an option.

silentlord

hello.

love this mod, couldn't play Rimworld without it now, its just so damned useful.

i would however like to ask a question;

is it possible to change the Icons for non-humans? i have installed MechDef2 which has droids, they require only power and none of the rest. they get all the icons thats in the pic... its not a big issue and i don't mind them. but if all the icons could be removed except idle, that would be cool.... maybe even a power-low icon instead the knives and forks for food.

just a suggestion.

great work!
cookies for you.

[attachment deleted due to age]

RickyMartini

You can deactivate individual icons in the options menu.

silentlord

Quote from: Skissor on March 16, 2015, 02:46:14 PM
You can deactivate individual icons in the options menu.

just tried it. suggestion was good, but completely irrelevant as to what i posted.
it affects all pawns.

Kaballah

daft73

Much appreciation! ;D This screenie says it all...no more guess work. Thank you for your time, and the mod.

As this story tells, a couple of my colonists have bad threads, want some new clothes, others are hot some more than others. Plus they are getting tired. No need to look all of that up. ;D

Sadler

Quote from: silentlord on March 16, 2015, 02:22:47 PMis it possible to change the Icons for non-humans? i have installed MechDef2 which has droids, they require only power and none of the rest. they get all the icons thats in the pic... its not a big issue and i don't mind them. but if all the icons could be removed except idle, that would be cool.... maybe even a power-low icon instead the knives and forks for food.
I will see it closer to the weekend. :) Now I'm just exhausted (excuse me for whining): so much headache to support my new too much popular mod. It's physically difficult to cope with all that message flow people are writing me during the week. I think everything will settle down by next week, and I will be able to calmly work on all of my mods.

silentlord

Quote from: Sadler on March 18, 2015, 12:40:01 AM
Quote from: silentlord on March 16, 2015, 02:22:47 PMis it possible to change the Icons for non-humans? i have installed MechDef2 which has droids, they require only power and none of the rest. they get all the icons thats in the pic... its not a big issue and i don't mind them. but if all the icons could be removed except idle, that would be cool.... maybe even a power-low icon instead the knives and forks for food.
I will see it closer to the weekend. :) Now I'm just exhausted (excuse me for whining): so much headache to support my new too much popular mod. It's physically difficult to cope with all that message flow people are writing me during the week. I think everything will settle down by next week, and I will be able to calmly work on all of my mods.

apologies fella, wasn't aware of your other mods. i only commented as it was annoying as i couldn't remove them as its a non-human so no interaction like normal pawns.
but i don't wanna add to your burden and have you burn-out, your work is too good for that. work at your own pace and never feel pressured fella. it's just a game at the end of the day.

is that the new cities one? i've never tried the cities one as it looks like a cheaper, cartoony version of simcity. (simcity is bad, not defending, but graphical looks are stunning)

Sadler

It is not necessary to apologize, that's not your fault. Feel free to ask any questions, this forum is very comfortable for me to discuss Rimworld mods. ;D Moreover, comparing modding API with the second game on Unity3D engine I realized that Rimworld mod API even allowing for a few detours is just awesome. I'm very enthusiastic about the mods I can create on this basis.

SpaceDorf

Hell Yeah :D

I needed this .. Thank You So Very Much
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Havan_IronOak

Just tried this and I absolutely LOVE it. It helps me understand my guys state of mind a whole lot better.

BTW... it was a bit confusing when I first downloaded this as the Name you announce it as is different than the folder name one gets when one unzips it. It then shows up under a third variation in EdB's mod order loader. They say that consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. Well I've got a little mind and I sometimes look like a hobgoblin but other than this tiny issue this is the perfect mod!