[A11b] Pawn State Icons (v04c) 22.07.2015

Started by Sadler, January 09, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

Quote from: LaMizzy on September 19, 2015, 10:16:26 AM
Is this mod currently compatible with A12d?? I popped it in and ran a game with it...but I see no changes.
Doesn't seem to work for A12d...or am I missing something?
(Yes, I activated on my next first load. Yes, I created a new world and new colony for it)

Yes it works. To test it, grab a non-nudist pawn and strip all the gear off it. If a small 'boxer' looking pants icon appears beside them... Then its working.

If not, read back a bit, about needing to delete the 'text' and another file within the mod file itself so it goes to 'default' in options. And not like text or 'pixels'.

Kinsume

I tried deleting the text and pixels folders but the mod still isn't working in game. I have EBD's Interface and Prepare Carefully installed as well and those work just fine. Not sure if there is a conflict between them or something. Any ideas?

Edit : For whatever reason moving it to the #1 load spot made it work properly.

Ectoplasm

Quote from: Kinsume on September 20, 2015, 01:26:03 PM
I tried deleting the text and pixels folders but the mod still isn't working in game. I have EBD's Interface and Prepare Carefully installed as well and those work just fine. Not sure if there is a conflict between them or something. Any ideas?

Use the one from the ultimate overhaul modpack, it's working fine in 12d, I also have those 2 EdB mods, so if it still errors the problem lies elsewhere.

jay_rab

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 20, 2015, 01:39:31 PM
Quote from: Kinsume on September 20, 2015, 01:26:03 PM

Use the one from the ultimate overhaul modpack, it's working fine in 12d, I also have those 2 EdB mods, so if it still errors the problem lies elsewhere.

I can confirm the same issue, while its a pain you can download the ultimate overhaul modpack and just pull the pawn state icons from the pack and put it in and it will work.

Im guessing someone other then the author edited the file to get it to work in a12 so that the modpack didnt have to remove it from the list.

irotsoma

All you need to get this working in A12d is the dll from UOM.  I'm attaching a patch zip.  First install the original a11b version from this thread.  Then just unzip the attached file in your mods directory and choose to overwrite the file.  I tested with no other mods installed and it worked.

Unfortunately, the source code contained in the UOM doesn't have the changes that were made to the dll.  If I have time, I'll create a version of my own.  Until then I'm not sure who to credit with the fix (I guess ninefingers).

[attachment deleted due to age]

DigitalCore

So the patch make Icons fully compatible with a12?

Neat.
Introducing the new and improved killbox: the Minefield! Now with 30% more explosions! Guaranteed to kill all those pesky tribals that keep visiting you at night.

RickyMartini

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the patch. Works good on Alpha 12d. Really, thank you for taking your time to patch it.

irotsoma

Quote from: Skissor on November 13, 2015, 12:56:51 PM
Hey just wanted to say thanks for the patch. Works good on Alpha 12d. Really, thank you for taking your time to patch it.
Actually that one came out of UOM so credit goes to ninefingers for that one.  Since I didn't know what he did I actually decompiled the original and fixed and built my own as part of a modlist + patches that I'm still working on.  I've actually tested this one and it seems to be working fine.  I don't have much experience using the one I posted earlier.  You can find my version here: https://github.com/irotsoma/rimworld-irotsoma-modlist-and-patches-base-builder-edition/raw/A12D/a12dCompatibilityPatches/Pawn%20State%20Icons%20a12d%20Patch.zip  I'll also post the source on there soon.  I just haven't gotten around to it yet since I'm still building several other patches to make the group of mods work together more effectively.  But this one shouldn't have any conflicts with most other mods, anyway.

Edit:  fixed URL due to changes in github repo structure.

RickyMartini

So does that mean your older patch isn't working perfectly? I didn't see any problems with it.

irotsoma

Quote from: Skissor on November 13, 2015, 10:01:05 PM
So does that mean your older patch isn't working perfectly? I didn't see any problems with it.

Nope, it probably works just as well.  It's just that with all of the controversy over ninefingers, I figured I'd build my own.  The changes required were pretty minor, so I'm guessing we both did it basically the same way.

RickyMartini

What controversy over ninefingers? Am I out of the loop about it? I always use his modpack.

irotsoma

Quote from: Skissor on November 17, 2015, 05:53:01 PM
What controversy over ninefingers? Am I out of the loop about it? I always use his modpack.

The modpack was removed and is not allowed to be re-uploaded.  A lot of it has been deleted now and I don't know all of the specifics.  This was the last official post from the mods on the subject as far as I can tell: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16457.msg177581#msg177581

milon

^ The tldr version was that mods were being used without credit to the authors and/or in ways prohibited by their creators. 

Mod releases are now requested to have license statements to clarify and avoid potential problems.

RickyMartini

Florius

Glad I still got the mod for A12, from Vuursteen.
I really can't play RW without the mod to be honest.