[A11b] Pawn State Icons (v04c) 22.07.2015

Started by Sadler, January 09, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadler

Pawn State Icons

Description
Shows small health-tracking icons near all of your colonists and prisoners. Allows you to control your colonists more precisely.
All icons (v02f):

Author/Mod Team
Dan Sadler

Download

How to install
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Tips and tricks
- Use F11 key to temporarily hide/show all of the icons.
- If you don't want ever see some icons, disable it in mod settings (see game options).

Important
This is the fourth version of my first mod for Rimworld, so it can accidentally crash your game, eat your brains or take over the world. You've been warned.

Changelog

v04c (22.07.2015):

• Supported game version: Alpha 11b (tested on 0.11.857)
  • Berserk icons will be shown for manhunters.
v04b (14.06.2015):

• Supported game version: Alpha 11 (tested on 0.11.834)
  • Berserk icons will be shown for mad animals.
v04a (22.04.2015):

• Supported game version: Alpha 10 (tested on 0.10.783)
v03d (25.02.2015):

• Two new icons: "tattered cloth" and "pacifist".
  • Bugfix: additional checks to prevent "get_ListerPawns" spam inside output_log.txt file.
v03c (21.02.2015):

• Supported game version: Alpha 9 (tested on 0.9.722)
  • New icon: "drunk". Shows the degree of alcohol intoxication.

v03b (08.02.2015):

• Bugfix: since v03b "Naked" icon will not be shown for nudists
  • Bugfix: sometimes with EdB interface enabled icons was showing only for first colonist.

v03a (01.02.2015):

• Alternative icon sets.
  • Screen-scale icons (optionally, enabled by default).
  • Mod settings panel (see game options) and configuration presets.
  • Much more detailed properly mipmapped icons.
  • Icons updated: "Hot", "Bloodloss", "Unarmed".
  • "Hot" and "Cold" recolored: semi-transparent gray -- discomfort, white/yellow -- unsafe, red -- extremely unsafe.
  • Bugfix: proper target point during hunt.
  • "Crutch" will not appear on low consciousness (during anesthesia and so on).
  • Russian translation.

v02f (24.01.2015):

• Bugfix: "Unarmed" icon has been disabled for prisoners. Prisoners ought to be unarmed all the time.

v02e (14.01.2015):

• Bugfix: now hidden disease states are, well, hidden.

v02d (13.01.2015):

• Three new icons: "check mark" apears when your colonists are idle, "struck-through pistol" is for unarmed, "star" icon is for drafted. If you feel that some of that new icons are too intrusive or unnecessary, read the "Tips And Tricks" section.

v02c (12.01.2015):

• Icons are arranged inside the 3x3 grid. Specially for people with unfortunate colonists that have 9 icons at once.
  • Code cleaning and performance optimization.

v02b (11.01.2015):

• Icon that looks like a pill. Appears when someone of your colonists gets sick, but disease can be normally healed. For example, not appears on cataract, that cannot be healed other than eye replacement.
  • Now you can use F11 key to temporarily disable all icons.

v02a (10.01.2015):

• Icon that looks like a crutch. Appears when your colonists can't effectively moving, manipulating, eating etc.
  • Target point. Shows the current job target for all of your colonists.
  • Now you can get rid of any icon you want. Just delete its image file from the mod.

v01c (09.01.2015):

• Edb Interface support
  • Fixed: icons mustn't detach from the colonists. At any circumstances.

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Hargut

I tryed it cuz it looks very nice, but it seems like its not compatibel with EBD Interface, which is pretty nuts.

If u could workaround it, i would pretty sure use it!
(And right now i see its writen in ur post >D)

Sadler

Quote from: Hargut on January 09, 2015, 02:19:52 PMI tryed it cuz it looks very nice, but it seems like its not compatibel with EBD Interface, which is pretty nuts.If u could workaround it, i would pretty sure use it!
I'm trying to fix that problem right now  :) But I'm not sure if it can be fixed without creating the "EbD Interface + PSI" modpack, because my mod uses the same UI output technique as the EbD (UIRoot replacement).

Hargut

Btw i would prefer to see only the icon, not the text, is this possible too ? >D

Sadler

Quote from: Hargut on January 09, 2015, 02:35:00 PMBtw i would prefer to see only the icon, not the text, is this possible too ? >D
There is no status text inside the game, I just named my colonists after their "preferred" stats to explain the icons.

HBKRKO619

The day you manage to made your mod work with EDB interface, I will use it 1500% sure :)
You always can try to talk to EDB to see with him in order to "fusion" your 2 mods.

hesoyam

beautiful mod but this
Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 09, 2015, 02:48:21 PM
The day you manage to made your mod work with EDB interface, I will use it 1500% sure :)

Sadler

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 09, 2015, 02:48:21 PMThe day you manage to made your mod work with EDB interface, I will use it 1500% sure :)
Then try my new v01c development version! I'm still working on it, but it must already work with EdB Interface.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: Sadler on January 09, 2015, 03:58:33 PM
Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 09, 2015, 02:48:21 PMThe day you manage to made your mod work with EDB interface, I will use it 1500% sure :)
Then try my new v01c development version! I'm still working on it, but it must already work with EdB Interface.

Thank you a lot :)

Shinzy

Oo Saddy!
can you/is it even possible to add icons for missing limbs?
missing jaw especially =P I'd love to notice colonists unable to eat before the 'starvation' message pops up

and well I guess spotting the armless craftsman could be useful aswell ;D
I'm sorry but my colony hasn't got proper health checks
and the colonists are *very* polite regarding others conditions so they don't make big racket about few missing bits so I never notice okay? It's not entirely my fault!

(diseases is another thing! you might already have those but I don't see them having their own icon in the textures so! ;D)

Igabod

One method you could use to make it compatible with EdB is to make the status icon into a mote. JuliaEllie made a nice example of that with her diamond status mote (similar to the Sims) that you can find Here. Motes don't use the UI display thing so it would be totally compatible with EdB's UI mod.

Sadler

Quote from: Igabod on January 09, 2015, 04:57:43 PMOne method you could use to make it compatible with EdB is to make the status icon into a mote.
I just got rid of any UI in my mod at all and now everything is drawing simply as a mesh flying over the colonists' heads. That's enough for my purposes I think.