Good old butchery

Started by mrofa, January 19, 2015, 11:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

I wanted to uses similar build as butchery, basicly if i use a squirrel then i will get squirrel meat, then i wanted to use it for other stuff, like if i put gold i get gold plate.
The main part of it is that you can select the stuff which you want to use in recipe thus affecting the outcome, and its all in one recipe.
So do anyone know how to make something like this ?
All i do is clutter all around.

Gaesatae

I'm not sure I got your meaning.

If what you want is to do is something like the sculptures thing, I believe you must create a new stuff category, add this category to the <stuffCategories> of your product and add the category to the ingredients <stuffProps><categories> too.

I hope it helps.

mrofa

Its not it mate.
Look at butchery, you get a squieerl chop it down and you get a squieerl meat, you got a muffalo chop him down and you got muffalo meat.
Its the relation of crafting material and the end product i want to know, how they are connected and if i can do something like that, without a need of rewriting half of crafting code :D
Reason for that is that its all contained in single recipe and the product is dependable on the material that is used.
And its not stuff related like sculptures :)

Gaesatae

Now I understand :)
Then all I can do right now is to point you in the direction of SpecialProductType, ButcherProducts and ThingDefGenerator_Meat/Leather. But I tell you, they're not pretty places.
No way I'm looking at that code again for a while.

mrofa