Medkit crafting

Started by Splinterbee, January 09, 2015, 08:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splinterbee

I have an idea where there will be a medic crafting bench or something and if you get some cloth and some certain plant (don't have a name yet so I'll just call it health plant) you could craft medkits. This plant you would need to harvest would take a while to grow, far longer then other plants but after harvesting, 5 of these plus some cloth would allow you to craft 1 or 2 medkits.

What do you think, thanks for reading :D
Video games, are pretty good

Kinakin

Medical plants already excist.
they are like 0.8 effective vs the 1.0 of the blue medkits. And they rot.
the game does make mention of glitterworld medicine. Which is suposed to be even better.

As of now thats the only medical supply able to be produced in vanilla. However I do feel the medical aspect could use some fleshing out. With a dedicated medical production station and maybe the ability to make blue meds. Maybe even some prostetics and cybernetics.

However I do feel the recipees need to be more complex then cloth and plants. And prefrebly with skill requirements. Maybe even combinations. Like doctoring for some, doctoring and research for others and then doc+manufacturing for some.

I feel more complex production chains and skill requirements would help balance such an addition.

Splinterbee

Lol. Didn't know you could craft medicine. Thanks  ;D
Video games, are pretty good

MikhailBoho

You should check out the Apothecarius mod hosted in the mods section. It involves growing three types of plants and crafting them at a special medical crafting bench to create medicine. It needs some balancing as it makes med-kits trivial, but it's definitely worth checking out! Definitely need a way to upgrade herbal medicine to normal medicine in vanilla though.