Thank you for this game

Started by Sallen, November 09, 2013, 10:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sallen

I just wanted to praise you for making this amazing game. Even at this early stage, with its limited options, everything just clicks into place. The game manages to create very interesting situations and I'm having a lot of fun.

I actually tried making this exact game a year ago (except without breathable air outdoors*) and obviously didn't manage to pull it off. I was left wanting to play it so bad, even to this day, that when I saw the first 10 seconds of gameplay of Scott Manley's first video on this I immediately closed it and came get the game.

I also want to thank you for including the prototype pack with the alpha order. Looking at these was quite insightful. I don't want to make this post longer than it already is, so that's all. Thanks!

* On that note, why did you eliminate the need for "air mining" there is in the last prototype? Sounds like an interesting idea.

EDIT: Just to elaborate a little on the breathable atmosphere thing. I like the idea of an (even more) oppressive environment you have to defend your colonists from. Even as an optional or random feature on new game generation. It would force you to deal the with the issue of claustrophobia in different ways. And would make combat situations more tense, specially if people required functioning spacesuits.

nadia911

Amaror

Yes, big thanks Tyran, keep up the great work!
I was actually amazed how greatly balanced the new build 254 is

zztangnr

Same to me! I saw Scott Manley's video and discovered this game, it was great!