[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

200Down

Siege Mechs or anything that would increase late, late, late game challenge man. Mentioned it in Tynan's "cheap" suggestions post but he'll never have time anyways so figured I'd suggest it here. Anyways, some bad-ass late game mech that could deal with your walls but is insainly slow and has nothing but a heavy hitting melee attack to bust down walls and for defense. Would mostly rely on other mechs for protection.

But yeah ANYTHING that would increase late game difficulty a bit. Don't honestly care what it is unless it's something totaly freaky like some mutant headless stripper chick with unusually large breasts for weapons  ..... you know... that may not fit all that well.   ::)  Granted, it would see a lot of hits on a lets play youtube vid I'm sure.

Asfalto

200Down

Quote from: Ykara on February 07, 2015, 05:51:22 PM
Is there a way to remove the skullywags except of downloading 1.01? I can't handle them at all ^^

Here: Mods\MoreMechanoids\Defs\FactionDefs\CrawliesFactionDefs.xml
You could try changing this:         
        <kinds>
          <li>Crawler</li>
          <li>Crawler</li>
          <li>Crawler</li>
          <li>Skullywag</li>
        </kinds>
To this:
        <kinds>
          <li>Crawler</li>
          <li>Crawler</li>
          <li>Crawler</li>
          <li>Crawler</li>
        </kinds>

Ether it will give you an error upon starting the game up OR it'll at least tone them down a bit haha. Now I could be entirely wrong but I'm guessing removing them from a their faction would remove them from at the least the raids if not the whole game. Someone correct me please.

I know what it's like really really enjoy a mod but just not being able to deal with one part of it for whatever reason. Difficulty is the worst offender sense mod authors are so familiar their creations, most often it'll be to hard rather than too easy for us noobs ;)

Orion

Is there a way to remove the skullywags except of downloading 1.01? I can't handle them at all ^^

What 200Down wrote is correct - that will remove them from raids.

Alternatively:
Mods\MoreMechanoids\Defs\ThingDefs\Races_Mechanoid.xml
Find the section <!-- Skullywag --> and after that the interesting lines are
<MoveSpeed>6</MoveSpeed> - lower it, if you want to make them slower
<meleeDamageBaseAmount>10</meleeDamageBaseAmount> - lower it, if you want them to take longer to incapacitate a colonist
<healthScale>1.0</healthScale> - lower it, if you want to give them less hitpoints (set it to 0.7 or something)

Also remember what changes you made, so when there's a new version you can make them again.

Hayhorse

I believe I have narrowed a bug down to this mod. This mod seems to make saves unstable for me and makes Rimworld crash when I try to load them. More recently it seems to cause load errors when I start Rimworld. It works fine without the mod and it isn't a mod conflict since this mod is the only mod I have enabled that modify's Mechanoid Data. Just want to report this for you.

skullywag

Is there a way to remove the skullywags

No im like a Tic, dug in and i aint comin out!
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ykara

Many thanks guys, I made the Skullywags slower and now it's really fun to play and a nice variety, I just didn't like that just 6 of them could incapacitate my whole attack team in less than a minute ^^

200Down

Quote from: Ykara on February 08, 2015, 11:57:29 AM
Many thanks guys, I made the Skullywags slower and now it's really fun to play and a nice variety, I just didn't like that just 6 of them could incapacitate my whole attack team in less than a minute ^^

Hell I'm still using 1.01.., sounds like I'm missing quit allot without updating eh?

Ykara

Quote from: 200Down on February 08, 2015, 12:43:13 PMHell I'm still using 1.01.., sounds like I'm missing quit allot without updating eh?
Yep, you're definitely missing a lot, this mod is awesome. My favourite feature are the reprogrammable crawlers, that's just awesome. You really should update, the idea of the skullywags is awesome too, maybe they're a little overpowered, but you know how to change this ^^

Orion

Quote from: Hayhorse on February 08, 2015, 10:22:26 AM
I believe I have narrowed a bug down to this mod. This mod seems to make saves unstable for me and makes Rimworld crash when I try to load them. More recently it seems to cause load errors when I start Rimworld. It works fine without the mod and it isn't a mod conflict since this mod is the only mod I have enabled that modify's Mechanoid Data. Just want to report this for you.
Thanks for letting me know! In my modder's naivety I did solve some problems in a pretty wonky way. It didn't cause any crashes for me yet, but of course that doesn't mean everything is right.
Yet, chances are, that it only shows in conjunction with another mod or something you do with the game that I don't. Could you maybe pm me the list of mods you're using it with?

Giraffe

It would be cool if it was possible to repair crawlers after you've reprogrammed them, maybe with extra plasteel or something.

Orion

Quote from: Giraffe on February 10, 2015, 01:34:53 AM
It would be cool if it was possible to repair crawlers after you've reprogrammed them, maybe with extra plasteel or something.
I will definitely look into it. For now priority is to fix lag issues with lots of bots and the possibility to keep them out of battles.

Giraffe

Quote from: Orion on February 10, 2015, 02:51:04 AM
I will definitely look into it. For now priority is to fix lag issues with lots of bots and the possibility to keep them out of battles.
Maybe you could have some sort of standby mode where they stop in place. Or even a sort of standby "station" where you can call them to it and they have to remain close and stop moving. Could even incorporate a repair function to the station itself, get two birds stoned at once.

Orion

Quote from: Giraffe on February 10, 2015, 03:48:15 AM
Maybe you could have some sort of standby mode where they stop in place. Or even a sort of standby "station" where you can call them to it and they have to remain close and stop moving. Could even incorporate a repair function to the station itself, get two birds stoned at once.
My thoughts exactly. Next version they'll stop in place, repair station coming later.

Redshadow

Quote from: Orion on February 10, 2015, 02:51:04 AM

some form of sleeper beacon that sets crawlers to a state similar to that of a MD2 droid's 'Deactivated' state, that'd solve some lag, and the home beacon issue, too. Right?
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...