[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: AllenWL on March 23, 2015, 12:16:26 AM
I noticed a bunch of textures in the mod that doesn't seem to be used. What are those for?
When I find the time, they will be added to the game.

Quote from: AllenWL on March 23, 2015, 12:16:26 AM
Oh, and just met some flamebots. I must say, I panicked for a bit when they shot their flame. That was epic. But then my colonists took them out pretty quick. Still, if there where more of them, I could have been in trouble.
Yeah, they can be quite nasty if they get in reach of your base.

Quote from: Latta on March 22, 2015, 09:00:29 PM
EDIT: I'm sorry to say this but its not fixed yet. It's not null causing the error; list is there. But the game, it can't instantiate or something from the given list. Would it possible to make bool isControlled at individual mechanoids and save value to there, instead of a list? As I can't live without this mod I'll continue with deleted LookList now.
I really wonder what's going on. Could you send me screenshots of the errors you're getting and the log file, please? I don't have enough information to fix it, so I can only guess, which isn't leading anywhere.

Latta

Surely.

I've also attached output_log. This part is the start:
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LoadIDsWantedBank.GetNextList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LoadCrossRefHandler.NextResolvedRefList[PawnConverted] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Scribe_Collections.LookList[PawnConverted] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, System.String listLabel, LookMode lookMode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MoreMechanoids.Building_PAL_Core.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LoadCrossRefHandler.ResolveAllCrossReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.MapIniter_LoadFromFile.InitMapFromFile (System.String mapFileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.RootMap.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Argument out of range? Why I couldn't see this.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Orion

Quote from: Latta on March 23, 2015, 07:39:54 AM
Argument out of range? Why I couldn't see this.
That's the missing piece! I think I can fix it with this.

Orion

I've uploaded version 1.03e. Could you try to see if it fixes the savegame problem? If not, I'll need the new errors and logfile...

Latta

Ugh, its the same error again. :'( Here's the new log though I don't see any difference. It's a fresh new colony made to test only, with 1 nuclear power plant(from Industrialization), some PAL links, a core, storage, cooler and a sensor, without controlled mechanoids.

Oh and... link to the download still says 1.03d and I don't see any changes within source files. Can you check it?

samjac0

I had the same problem as Latta, thankfully she posted the dll. Saved my colony. :)

I'm tech savy-ish...but not really so the file helped! I pointed this fix out to a friend who uses a similar mode setup as me and had the same problem. (He was way more pissed haha). Worked for him too! We also both can't live w/o this mod so playing it with a minor inconvenience is better than not at all.

*We both had the same log, but it quite a bit different than Latta's.*

AllenWL

Um, one of my crawlers, that was connected to PAL, randomly went into a psychotic rage, stabbed my colonist in the knee, then recovered and went back to it's job.

The heck?

Orion

Quote from: Latta on March 24, 2015, 12:48:21 AM
Ugh, its the same error again. :'( Here's the new log though I don't see any difference. It's a fresh new colony made to test only, with 1 nuclear power plant(from Industrialization), some PAL links, a core, storage, cooler and a sensor, without controlled mechanoids.

Oh and... link to the download still says 1.03d and I don't see any changes within source files. Can you check it?
It's the correct file, I just failed to rename the link. You can always tell if you go to the mod menu and look at the version number of the mod there.

You use so many different mods, the chance of a conflict is very high. Could I take a look at your savegame?
You can find it here:
%appdata%\..\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves
or here:
%appdata%\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves

Quote from: samjac0 on March 24, 2015, 01:22:42 AM
I had the same problem as Latta, thankfully she posted the dll. Saved my colony. :)
It's great that we have a temporary solution! I'm trying very hard to find a fix, though. But until I can reproduce the problem, I'm firing in the dark.

Quote from: AllenWL on March 24, 2015, 03:25:23 AM
Um, one of my crawlers, that was connected to PAL, randomly went into a psychotic rage, stabbed my colonist in the knee, then recovered and went back to it's job. The heck?
You're using your worst enemy as slaves... To be expected? Without PAL it wouldn't have recovered, though ;)

Latta

Here. "Dawn" is my mod intensive colony while Colony1 is a fresh new one dedicated for testing with compacted mod lists. (World not included)
This is Colony1's mod list and order.

I found one more: while Colony1 doesn't throw any errors and you can see there is a list under PAL_Core, it seems that the core's code is not loading list of controlledMechanoids at all. Detailed description below!

Set-up: Instant finished all researches. Dev-spawned buildings that are a geothermal power generator, some links, a core, two sensors, two memories, two coolers and a power unit(=two controllable slot). Dev-spawned converted which are two crawlers, a skullywag and a scyther. Saved after confirming PAL is controlling two crawlers both in game and in XML, and loaded a few times.
Expected: Even after loading, crawlers should be those being controlled, proving that PAL core is loading its list.
Actual: After loading, all mechanoids disconnected and reconnected, causing a change in controlled mechanoids, and suggesting that error is gone because PAL core is not loading its list.

Orion

With which version of the mod was Dawn saved?

This is what your PAL looks like:

<thing Class="MoreMechanoids.Building_PAL_Core">
<def>PAL_Core</def>
<id>PAL_Core1699269</id>
<pos>(216, 0, 249)</pos>
<health>150</health>
<faction>정착지983346309</faction>
<parentThing>null</parentThing>
<powerOn>True</powerOn>
<desirePowerOn>True</desirePowerOn>
<glowOn>True</glowOn>
<nextAnimationFrame>16</nextAnimationFrame>
<innerHeat>95.0479</innerHeat>
<ticksUntilNextUpdate>19</ticksUntilNextUpdate>
<ticksUntilNextConnectedCheck>285</ticksUntilNextConnectedCheck>
<level>5</level>
<talker>
<lastTalkTime>9793074</lastTalkTime>
</talker>
</thing>

This is how it -should- look like:

<thing Class="MoreMechanoids.Building_PAL_Core">
<def>PAL_Core</def>
<id>PAL_Core1699269</id>
<pos>(216, 0, 249)</pos>
<health>150</health>
<faction>정착지983346309</faction>
<parentThing>null</parentThing>
<powerOn>True</powerOn>
<desirePowerOn>True</desirePowerOn>
<glowOn>True</glowOn>
<nextAnimationFrame>16</nextAnimationFrame>
<innerHeat>95.0479</innerHeat>
<controlledMechanoids/>
<ticksUntilNextUpdate>19</ticksUntilNextUpdate>
<ticksUntilNextConnectedCheck>285</ticksUntilNextConnectedCheck>
<level>5</level>
<talker>
<lastTalkTime>9793074</lastTalkTime>
</talker>
</thing>

Quote from: Latta on March 24, 2015, 08:06:22 AM
Expected: Even after loading, crawlers should be those being controlled, proving that PAL core is loading its list.
Actual: After loading, all mechanoids disconnected and reconnected, causing a change in controlled mechanoids, and suggesting that error is gone because PAL core is not loading its list.
Did you use the dll from 1.03e or the one you changed?

Latta

Did you take a look at Dawn? Yes, I both used 1.03e but Dawn was saved using my custom dll(from 1.03e) thus no <controlled... /> . When I reverted re-installed to not-modified 1.03e it started to threw error right after your Log.Warning said "List is null old save?" and creating a new list so I couldn't save it.

For that detailed bug part, you should look at Colony1. Colony1 is using not-modified dll from the start.

EDIT: I can now confirm that this(I mean like Colony1) also happens with only More Mechanoids enabled in fresh world's fresh colony. List is not loading properly.

EDIT EDIT: Now I wonder if I'm just bothering you too much with this :-\ Almost whole page is with me and you talking about this.

Orion

Quote from: Latta on March 24, 2015, 09:03:03 AM
EDIT: I can now confirm that this(I mean like Colony1) also happens with only More Mechanoids enabled in fresh world's fresh colony. List is not loading properly.

EDIT EDIT: Now I wonder if I'm just bothering you too much with this :-\ Almost whole page is with me and you talking about this.
I'm creating a new dll for testing right now, but I can't check it at the moment.

What I find strange is that you're having this problem even with a fresh colony and no other mods. I can't get it to happen at all, here. Obviously other people are having the problem too, so I really want it fixed.

The easiest fix would be to just not save the list, of course, but I'm not happy with that.

Latta

Is there any possibility that the problem comes from RimWorld's LookList with MapReference? Like both of it can't coexist in... some... system? And, yes, I agree with not saving the list is not a pretty solution.

Orion

Quote from: Latta on March 24, 2015, 09:38:16 AM
Is there any possibility that the problem comes from RimWorld's LookList with MapReference? Like both of it can't coexist in... some... system? And, yes, I agree with not saving the list is not a pretty solution.
That would surprise me, since it works fine here and also for most other people.

Orion

Quote from: Latta on March 24, 2015, 09:03:03 AM
Here's a dll just for you. Please see if it helps and please attach your logfile.