[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latta

Quote from: Orion on March 24, 2015, 10:44:25 AM
Here's a dll just for you. Please see if it helps and please attach your logfile.

In short: The last of the list is not handled.
In long: Here I quickly made PAL network with three crawlers, two skullies and two scythers. three crawlers were being controlled at first, you can see it in log.
PAL_Core: LoadingVars

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

<controlledMechanoids><li>Mechanoid_Crawler_Converted12367</li><li>Mechanoid_Crawler_Converted12370</li><li>Mechanoid_Crawler_Converted12373</li></controlledMechanoids>

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

handling controlledMechanoids...

Then I saw it is not being handled. To make it logged, I saved and loaded again without touching anything:
PAL_Core: LoadingVars

<controlledMechanoids><li>Mechanoid_Crawler_Converted12367</li><li>Mechanoid_Crawler_Converted12370</li><li>Mechanoid_Skullywag_Converted12386</li></controlledMechanoids>

handling controlledMechanoids...

You can see that there is now Skully12386 instead of Crawler12386.

After all this, I loaded it again and there was Skully12388 instead of Skully12386. And again, there was something else at the last of the list. First two are fine so far. This part is not on the log nor save, but I can see that only the last part is not being handled now. This colony is using only Core mod, EdBs and this.

Also, that strange instantiate error is happening with my mod list but I'll think it as a conflict. Maybe I can try to narrow to what mod is causing it when I have more time.

EDIT: I accidentally deleted Dawn's world file so can't get result from running colony anymore. Guuh.......

[attachment deleted due to age]

AllenWL

Quote from: Orion on March 24, 2015, 04:15:54 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on March 24, 2015, 03:25:23 AM
Um, one of my crawlers, that was connected to PAL, randomly went into a psychotic rage, stabbed my colonist in the knee, then recovered and went back to it's job. The heck?
You're using your worst enemy as slaves... To be expected? Without PAL it wouldn't have recovered, though ;)
Oh, well, I guess I won't be adding new mechanoids before I upgrade my PAL then I guess. But wow PAL eats up a lot of energy....

Orion

Quote from: AllenWL on March 25, 2015, 12:00:50 AM
Oh, well, I guess I won't be adding new mechanoids before I upgrade my PAL then I guess. But wow PAL eats up a lot of energy....
It doesn't happen very often that they go crazy, but there is a chance. Having mechanoids work for you is very powerful. So there had to be big downsides. I wanted to keep it fun and in the spirit of the game. So having to supply  increasing amounts of energy for your mechanoids seemed like a good idea.
And the challenge is, of course, to keep it going at all times. If PAL turns off during a siege and mechanoids go wandering about, that can quickly become quite expensive.

veryinky

I used 1.03b and it worked, upgraded to 1.03e and loaded save games locked up. Shame. I really liked robotic helpers to haul and clean.

Plus PAL is kinda pretty. Do PAL blocks count as walls blocking temperature? Do higher quality AI boards affect short circuit/berserk chance?

Would love it if there was a way to repair mechanoids when they get damaged.

Orion

Quote from: veryinky on March 25, 2015, 06:31:35 AM
I used 1.03b and it worked, upgraded to 1.03e and loaded save games locked up. Shame. I really liked robotic helpers to haul and clean.
Maybe try 1.03d instead. My attempts at making Latta's savegames work could have messed up things here or there.

Plus PAL is kinda pretty. Do PAL blocks count as walls blocking temperature? Do higher quality AI boards affect short circuit/berserk chance?
I'm sure Joey likes to hear that! The blocks do block temperature somewhat, but not entirely.

I want the quality to affect the chance, but so far I couldn't find out a good method. The event is controlled by the core game. If I replace that, it increases the chance a lot that it will clash with other mods.

I never thought it was a big deal. I'll see what I can do, though.

veryinky

Quote from: Orion link=topic=9221.msg118297#msg118297 I never thought it was a big deal. I'll see what I can do, though.
/quote]
It's my main complaint with the mod. Crawlers short circuit themselves, burn out their limbs and have to be bashed to death to be re-chipped. Seems wasteful (and requires my personal attention) to do just to fix their arm.

I'll test 1.03d and see if it works.

AllenWL

Quote from: Orion on March 25, 2015, 09:30:44 AM
I never thought it was a big deal. I'll see what I can do, though.
Well, it gets pretty annoying when you're mechanoid short-circuits and burns off a crucial part like a scyther's arm or a crawler's legs, rendering it useless, but when you try to shut it down, well, let's just say there are easier things to do. Plus a AI chip isn't really cheap, and neither is the cost of chipping and activating a dead mechanoid.

And if we ever get to reprogram centipedes, and then end up having to take that monster down because of a crucial bit burning off or something... *shudders*

On another note, I think it would be really fun if we could use dead flamebots and make flamethrowers or powerful firebombs or a flamethrower turret or something.

AllenWL

Technically, you're not leading into a fight, you're stripping it of it's guts, then turning it into a weapon for your colonists to use.

Kinda like ripping the spine out a guy and using it as a whip, but a with a lot less gore and disturbingness.

Ominus

1.3e (sorry i meant 1.3e not 1.3d) Is indeed working well with saving now, got lots of mods loaded so its quite compatible  ;D

just a small laggy moment after I load a save with 5 mechs controlled, after loading only 3 of 5 were connected to pal and it froze the game every second for like 5-8 seconds and then PAL detects the other two and the game runs smooth again.
I checked the log but theres no error showing up.

Thanks for making this awesome mod  ;D

veryinky

Spoke too soon, built up PAL to support 7 mechanoids and now the game won't load. 1.03d.

Game ran fine without PAL and 12 mechanoids (crawlers set to hauling or cleaning, I only really want roombas anyways)

Latta

Quote from: veryinky on March 27, 2015, 04:34:45 AM
Spoke too soon, built up PAL to support 7 mechanoids and now the game won't load. 1.03d.

Game ran fine without PAL and 12 mechanoids (crawlers set to hauling or cleaning, I only really want roombas anyways)

Did you tried to change mod order? It...MIGHT work. For me, I lost my save anyway so I re-organized whole mod order and it seems okay except controlled mechanoids change everytime I load. (Though no long term test yet)
If you are worried about change it, maybe my temporary solution will work as a changed list of controlled mechanoids is not a big deal compared to not loadable at all.

Latta

Quote from: Canute on March 27, 2015, 04:49:43 AM
Latta, Mod Order didn't affect that error, allready tryed this.

Someone else mention at another thread (i think mech terraformer) that Misc/MAI mod interfere with the PAL. But i though i tryed to disable that mod before and didn't help.

But once the safegame isn't loading anymore, you only can get it to work when you edit the safegame direct and look for the PAL Core and delete anything about it.
After you could load it, you can add the PAL Core with the GOD Mode without cost.

No, you don't have to do that everytime before load.
Download my attachment here, and replace original dll with this. (Located on Assemblies folder)
Open your save file, search for PAL_Core, delete <controlledMechanoids>...</controlledMechanoids> .
Save the file, load the game.

Rauminen

Hi Latta,

Just wanted to thank you for this, worked like a charm - I didn't even need to touch the save file, loaded perfectly after replacing the dll.

Ominus

So far 1.3e is working well, I dont know if PAL still changes mechs controlled on load as i have only as many as Pal can control. That lagg i had at load was a one time thing, might be because i updated from 1.3d to 1.3e without starting a new colony.
I should note that I generated a new world every time added/removed mods from the list while testing.

Here is my mod order, it might help getting this mod working for others.

<li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>MechanoidTerraformer</li>
    <li>MoreMechanoids</li>
    <li>AbilityPack</li>
    <li>AlienAnts</li>
    <li>Biodiversity</li>
    <li>XtraPlants</li>
    <li>ExtendedWoodworking</li>
    <li>EW - XP - ComPatch</li>
    <li>A2B</li>
    <li>3D Print Guns and Armor</li>