[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korn.Mil

Does anybody works on this mod release? I am very excited

Orion

Quote from: Korn.Mil on April 23, 2016, 07:33:49 AM
Does anybody works on this mod release? I am very excited
Well, there is only me, and if you look at the source code (and def files), you'll see that it's one hell of a job to update to this alpha. And to be honest, Tynan doesn't exactly make it easy for us to keep mods up to date.

I can now cut some corners with method injection, which will save me quite some time, but it also increases the chance that the mod becomes incompatible with others that do the same.

For now I'm working on Hospitality. Once that's good enough, I might find more time for this.

Commander Blackwatch

Awesome Mod Dude all Your mechanoid are Great and You need a Big Guns to destroy them
Review Down Below

Texture = Great
Movement = Great
Damage = Great
Gear = Great
Destroying my Whole Base = Awesome no colonist alive LOL

Rate

100/100

"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Techgenius

Is there a ETA on when you'll update this to the latest? going to miss this mod  :-\

Orion

Quote from: Techgenius on May 17, 2016, 08:53:40 PM
Is there a ETA on when you'll update this to the latest? going to miss this mod  :-\
Updating this mod is quite a task, as you can see if you look at the amount of def files and the huge source code. To make things worse, I haven't even begun updating it, since I first want to get the Hospitality mod to work well and be balanced, so at least users of one of my mods can have a good time ;)

So ETA... I would say somewhere around A14 :-\

Sorry about this, but A13 just comes with so many changes that I want to refactor the More Mechanoid code base using Detours and get rid of everything that's not necessary then, which hopefully will make future updates easier again.

Techgenius

Quote from: Orion on May 18, 2016, 04:23:57 AM
Quote from: Techgenius on May 17, 2016, 08:53:40 PM
Updating this mod is quite a task, as you can see if you look at the amount of def files and the huge source code. To make things worse, I haven't even begun updating it, since I first want to get the Hospitality mod to work well and be balanced, so at least users of one of my mods can have a good time ;)

So ETA... I would say somewhere around A14 :-\

Sorry about this, but A13 just comes with so many changes that I want to refactor the More Mechanoid code base using Detours and get rid of everything that's not necessary then, which hopefully will make future updates easier again.

I use Hospitality, and I must say, you've outdone yourself, now.. if you only added double beds to allow npc couples to..  :-*

Now it seems like a good Hotel/Motel alternative, cuz' you'll be making silver, that.. plus more faction spawns is.. immersive. So I'm glad you're putting Hospitality development a priority, now.. if you only included my "[Mod Request] Neural Implants" somewhere in there.. that'd be great too. Going to PM you with some ideas if you don' mind.

The Mechanoids are bugged anyway.. if you have glitterworld, orion tanks will spawn together with mechanoids.

Orion

Quote from: Techgenius on May 18, 2016, 01:33:34 PM
I use Hospitality, and I must say, you've outdone yourself, now.. if you only added double beds to allow npc couples to..  :-*
Even if I added doublebeds, I'd probably have to fix this mechanic "manually". It's deeply embedded in RimWorld's source code for what I can tell. So getting that to work is tricky at best. I'd rather not spend so much time on a feature that will only rarely do something.

Quote from: Techgenius on May 18, 2016, 01:33:34 PM
Now it seems like a good Hotel/Motel alternative, cuz' you'll be making silver, that.. plus more faction spawns is.. immersive. So I'm glad you're putting Hospitality development a priority, now.. if you only included my "[Mod Request] Neural Implants" somewhere in there.. that'd be great too. Going to PM you with some ideas if you don' mind.
The neural implants idea sounds to me like it can better be a separate mod. If "serving guests" is a properly implemented job, then it would also work for mindless slaves.

Miner_239

Why not using components to fix worn mechs? They're kind of 'universal delicate, intricate stuff' based on the description. Maybe you sbould tweak disassembly to produce components.

That is if you actually update to A13 and not skip it (;-;)

Orion

I am definitely going to skip it. Updating this mod is a lot of work and right now I don't have the time or energy to do it.

Once I do I will indeed use components to fix mechanoids. I'll see if I can use the core breakdown system for it as well - so mechanoids will break just like doors and other devices.
That'll let me kick out the convoluted wear & tear system I'm using right now.

But yeah, it looks like I will have to start over anyway. A lot has changed since I originally made the mod and I will probably do a lot of things different now. So most likely I'll start over in steps. The mechanoid enemies first, and converting them later.

Mechfried

will be there a alpha14 version? hope so this mod is awesome!

Orion

Quote from: Mechfried on July 24, 2016, 08:41:57 PM
will be there a alpha14 version? hope so this mod is awesome!
I was hoping so too! But then I realized that I was the one who had to do it.

But serious - since RimWorld is out on Steam I've been "fulltime" busy keeping my other mod working. I haven't even looked at this mod for months :-[
When I find time again, I'll see if I at least bring the different mechanoid types back. The whole converting thing will take bundles of extra time. I might not do it at all, even though it was pretty awesome while it lasted.

mew_the_pinkmin

just a reminder that we need more mechs (dont care about conversion)
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

Orion

Agreed 👍
Maybe I'll throw my next vacation into it. Until then...

Techgenius

I could feel your pain when I looked at them research defs you'll need to change, it is a beast, but if you manage to slay it, you'll have more gratitude than you need. I promise.

Orion

Thanks :)  but that's the least part... The body and thing defs are nastier. But they still don't compare to the awful code the conversion requires.
But this time I've got help, so who knows if it will actually be playable again some day.