[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asfalto

Awesome. Thx

So this command will keep them in home zone?
Where exactly?

200Down

It'll do nothing for now. That's the easy part sadly. Far as I'm aware there's nothing "easy" about anything pathfinding. Think all that crap is still hard coded. So it's ither learn c++ and find some way to override base pathfinding or learn to hack  ;D That really sounds like a whoooole messy can of worms to me haha.

Here's to hoping I'm very very wrong  :D cheers
Like the icon though bro looks good.

Orion

Quote from: 200Down on February 10, 2015, 11:43:37 PM
It'll do nothing for now.
Now, now. They already go and hunker down in a quiet little corner of your base, that is hopefully safe.

There will be repair bays where they preferably stand later.

There will also be a command center that takes direct control of them, so you can call them back all at once. In fact, I will further penalize not having the command center.

Balancing requires this. All hail balancing.

Giraffe

I can imagine it now-- the sad limp walk of a broken down crawler as it approaches the repair center Redfields is crying because she's a big baby, then-- ding! Otto is back and cuddly as ever.

Or maybe it ends in tragedy as Otto short circuits again right in front of the station and dies  :'(

By the way, I dunno if you just used the games regular namegen for the crawler names but Otto is my favorite.

Pumpus

Hey Guys,

I've started a mod analysis series on youtube. My first episode is on More Mechanoids.

I'd love for you to have a look and let me know what you think as ill be doing many more.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-t-0FmAguY

Enjoy!
Be sure to check out "The Mod Show". Reviews of Rimworld mods so you don't have to do all the testing.

The Mod Show - By Pumpus

Giraffe

Quote from: Pumpus on February 11, 2015, 04:45:53 AM
Hey Guys,

I've started a mod analysis series on youtube. My first episode is on More Mechanoids.

I'd love for you to have a look and let me know what you think as ill be doing many more.

Enjoy!
The portion of the screen that the game is in is a bit too small, it makes the ingame text look wonky- otherwise very enjoyable, maybe it should be on the front page of the mod as like an intro.

Also there's a typo- Mechinoids should be Mechanoids

Also I think intro and outro slates are super lame.

Also I totally disagree on the ai chip thing, JoeysLucky22 and shinzy are probably the best on the forum so far at making ludeon-esque sprites and art.

200Down

You didn't make them hide under beds did ya? hahaha Would make sense as beds will always be in a home zone and preferably inside. That's funny as hell if you did.

200Down

Quote from: Pumpus on February 11, 2015, 04:45:53 AM
Hey Guys,

Enjoy!

Got a good voice for youtube man and you talk like you actually have viewers watching instead of talking to yourself like you see so many other insanely boring lets play gamers do on there. Not all of them of course but quite a few zzzzzzzzzzz.

Don't give up on the youtube thing :)
you got one sub anyway

Small critique though. If your gonna do mod reviews it may be in your best interest if you don't have other mods installed. Reasoning is, I think that little issue with the "shutdown mech" on the mechs themselves, isn't even caused by this mod. It shows up on all mechs even without this  mod installed. Pretty sure it's in the core xml's somewhere. Remnants of something Tynan was planning? who knows. Or it's simple caused by one of the medical mods you have installed because i use one of those to. I can't remember now where I saw it but ither way.

But nice vid and keep them coming

Giraffe

Quote from: 200Down on February 11, 2015, 08:14:50 AM
It shows up on all mechs even without this mod installed. Pretty sure it's in the core xml's somewhere.

You can shut down incapacitated mechs via the shut down operation, the only reason it doesn't work for converted crawlers is because units need to be incapped or in a bed to perform an 'operation'. It's been that way for a while. It has a use and is supposed to be there. It doesn't harm anything and is in my opinion utterly inconsequential. Time would be better spent adding the features Orion wants in the mod, nitpicky things like the med-op context menu for mechs can be ignored.

Orion

Thanks for the review, by the way! It's a nice detailed look at the various aspects of the mod, although it would have been nice to see them in action some more.

The next version actually comes with a few fixes and cleanups here and there. I've already removed the shutdown bill, and renaming bots is fixed as well, among other cool things.

200Down

yea, kinda what you get when reviewing mods and games that aren't finished though.  He did at least state that it was still being worked on. Maybe followups after mods are finished?

And my apologies about the shutdown thing. I think I was thinking about the remove "brain" thingy(or whatever it is) that shows up from time to time and does literally nothing. Never bothered me enough to look into it though.

Pumpus

QuoteSmall critique though. If your gonna do mod reviews it may be in your best interest if you don't have other mods installed. Reasoning is, I think that little issue with the "shutdown mech" on the mechs themselves, isn't even caused by this mod.

Yea I've thought about that. The issue is that I make the vids outta games I am currently playing not just ones I set up to show case 1 mod. The reasoning is... I'd get super bored doing that every time haha. I try my best to make sure I'm not critiquing bugs of other mods and like Orion said he has removed it. In an ideal world I'd do it but this is what we've got at the moment, I'll get better as I go.

QuoteThe portion of the screen that the game is in is a bit too small, it makes the ingame text look wonky

I'll look into that thanks.

QuoteAlso I think intro and outro slates are super lame.

Ouch man. Haha. I'm just starting out, it might change in the future. Do you have a suggestion or example of what might be better. What exactly makes it lame in your opinion.

Thanks for the feed back boys and thanks Orion for putting my vid on the front page.

Do you have an ETA on an Alpha 9 version (probably a silly question)

p.s. Yea I'll be trying to keep up with the mod developments as they go so I can represent them the best. I'll probs do a "Mod Update Spot Light" when enough stuff is changed to warrant it. Thanks again boys.
Be sure to check out "The Mod Show". Reviews of Rimworld mods so you don't have to do all the testing.

The Mod Show - By Pumpus