[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timber

Quote from: JoeysLucky22 on January 11, 2015, 11:43:53 AM
I'm Trying to wrap my head around XML and DLL modding. I know a bit of C# and unity so hopefully I can figure it out soon.

Here are a few I've made so far:

Are these in the mod yet?
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas

Orion

Quote from: Pumpus on February 19, 2015, 07:43:31 AM
Do you have an ETA on an Alpha 9 version (probably a silly question)
I would say "soon", as I'm working hard on it. Obviously with A9 out, I can't work on what needed finishing for version v1.03 - which was almost ready. Updating all the Defs to A9 went pretty quick and painless, with the actual code it's a different story.The convertable mechanoids are very code intrusive and I'm overriding a lot of original stuff for them. For A9 I have to change how some of that works and for some things I have to figure out new solutions entirely.

Quote from: Timber on February 20, 2015, 11:17:43 AM
Are these in the mod yet?
Some are already in v1.02. Others will be in v1.03. The rest will come later.

Epyk

Tried this again for Alpha 8 and I must say, it's really great!
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

millenium

i hate to say this but the having little beetle things crawl around my colony hauling things is just adorable.
i really want these little guys in A9.

Orion

Thanks for the positive comments guys! I'm really working hard on the next version, which of course will be for alpha 9.

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Coenmcj

The shutdown mech thing is vanilla, it was introduced before we had the new health system and they were next to indestructible, so if you managed to incap one you could save the time firing more bullets at it and just shut it down.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Zeta Omega

First off, the person who pointed me here... THANK YOU.
Second off, Is there the ability to make friendly mechanoids in this mod or are you planning to do that

drakulux

Quote from: Zeta Omega on February 26, 2015, 01:00:46 PM
First off, the person who pointed me here... THANK YOU.
Second off, Is there the ability to make friendly mechanoids in this mod or are you planning to do that

The little mechs can be converted to automated haulers/cleaners/plantcutters. They work totally automatic,you have no control over them which is absolutely awesome, plus they look great!

Zeta Omega

They can clean? YES!!! Now all I need is for it to be alpha 9

Kolljak

Mekintos

I miss crawlers, because no-one of my colonists have spare time to clean :(

volodo

This and Project Armory are the last things I'm waiting for an update  :)

Orion

Okay you guys. I will cut some corners to get it released soon, and delay those extra things for v1.04. It'll still take me a couple more days, though.

Pumpus

Quote from: Orion on March 04, 2015, 05:22:24 AM
Okay you guys. I will cut some corners to get it released soon, and delay those extra things for v1.04. It'll still take me a couple more days, though.

although i am looking forward to some great new features im excited for the compatability update coming sooner. my rimworld experience almost feels incomplete with out the little buggers
Be sure to check out "The Mod Show". Reviews of Rimworld mods so you don't have to do all the testing.

The Mod Show - By Pumpus