[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy232

So i am not sure if anyone else has had a problem but when I go to build a 're-purposed bot' an error occurs and the friendly crawler just sits there. More over if I click on or hover over the friendly crawler my hud disappears and reappears only when I deselect the crawler.

Otherwise the mod works wonderfully and I love the new enemies.

P.S. I can submit debug info if that would be helpful

Orion

Let me generalize that...
Quote from: Kilroy232 on March 07, 2015, 04:23:33 AM
[When I do perfectly normal stuff with this mod] an error occurs and [something does not work]. More over if I click on or hover over [the object in question] my hud disappears [...]
That's a clear sign for a conflict with another mod you're using. Unfortunately I don't have the time to check compatibility for every mod out there, or even the majority of them. I do try to make my mod as unintrusive as possible. So I'm afraid I have to leave the exercise to you to find the conflicting mod. If you can tell me which one it is, I will try and see if I can create a compatibility patch.
The fastest way to find such a mod is:
1. Create a copy of RimWorld, with only MoreMechanoids.
2. Set everything up until you are almost at the point where usually the problem would occur.
3. Save and quit the game.
4. Add one of your other mods, load the game.
5. Do the thing that caused the problem earlier. If it didn't break, repeat from 4. If it did break, you now know that this is the problematic mod.

You can also try adding multiple mods at once, then you'll know if the conflicting mod is part of a group of mods, and narrow it down from there. Of course it's absolutely possible that MoreMechanoids conflicts with more than one other mod at the same time.

Good luck!

Kilroy232

Thanks, I think I can handle that much. I had never seen anything like that before but I am sure I can sort it out.

Orion

You can also, of course, just wait until version 1.03 for Alpha 9, and hope the problem is solved then already :)
I give it 1-3 days until it's ready.

Kilroy232

Quote from: Orion on March 07, 2015, 02:26:26 PM
You can also, of course, just wait until version 1.03 for Alpha 9, and hope the problem is solved then already :)
I give it 1-3 days until it's ready.

I believe I will wait in that case, I love this mod.

Zeta Omega

Hey Orion, have you though of a Siege mechanoid by chance? I made a discussion post a long time ago and someone had this idea for a turtle like design that could move slowly or plant itself so it could fire like a mortar.

Orion

Quote from: Zeta Omega on March 07, 2015, 05:47:41 PM
Hey Orion, have you though of a Siege mechanoid by chance? I made a discussion post a long time ago and someone had this idea for a turtle like design that could move slowly or plant itself so it could fire like a mortar.
Actually I haven't thought about that one, thanks! Maybe because I don't quite like being sieged, but it could really add an interesting dynamic if mechanoids could do that. It's still a long way to go before I've implemented all the current designs (so I'm starting with the easier ones). I'll definitely keep this one in mind, though!

LordAssault

Mechanoid Crawler 1.03 preview - Alpha 9
404 not found BabyRage

Orion

Version 1.03 preview released!

As so many of you (and me as well) have anticipated, version 1.03 is finally here!

Joey has again excelled himself, making the graphics and I've slaved away at it for most of my free time for the last month. I do think the effort was worth it.

Because on my own I can only do so much testing, and only with a small selection of other mods, I decided to call this version "preview". I hope you will let me know about problems you encounter, and I'll make sure to fix them as fast as possible, so we can remove the "preview" tag!

I tried again to make it as balanced as possible and keep it fun. Not everyone will agree with all the choices I've made, so if there's something that really bothers you, feel free to tweak it for your copy of the mod. If you have questions how to do that, you can always PM me or ask it here.

I hope you all enjoy the new version as much as I do!

Also: If you want to make my day, please post screenshots or videos of your experiences with the mod. I'd really love that. Thanks!

Orion

icew0lfnz

Finally! My plasteel farm is now complete! thank you. Love it!

Latta

Waited so long! It's the best additional enemy mod now IMO (though not tested skullywag yet)
At least graphics are beautiful and my mod selection is primarily based on graphic so yess

EDIT: Just one request, but will you make your assembly's strings to translatable keyed string? Like coming 1.04? I really want to translate this... properly.

Orion

Quote from: Latta on March 08, 2015, 08:13:27 AM
Just one request, but will you make your assembly's strings to translatable keyed string? Like coming 1.04? I really want to translate this... properly.
Sure, I can look into it for the next version. I didn't think there'd be much demand for it!

InfinityKage

Quote from: Orion on March 08, 2015, 08:00:46 AM
Version 1.03 preview released!

As so many of you (and me as well) have anticipated, version 1.03 is finally here!

Joey has again excelled himself, making the graphics and I've slaved away at it for most of my free time for the last month. I do think the effort was worth it.

Because on my own I can only do so much testing, and only with a small selection of other mods, I decided to call this version "preview". I hope you will let me know about problems you encounter, and I'll make sure to fix them as fast as possible, so we can remove the "preview" tag!

I tried again to make it as balanced as possible and keep it fun. Not everyone will agree with all the choices I've made, so if there's something that really bothers you, feel free to tweak it for your copy of the mod. If you have questions how to do that, you can always PM me or ask it here.

I hope you all enjoy the new version as much as I do!

Also: If you want to make my day, please post screenshots or videos of your experiences with the mod. I'd really love that. Thanks!

I can't tell you how pumped I am to add this to my mod list post and my game! Amazing work mate.

Ykara

Wow, awesome! That mammoth texture is incredible, can't wait to see it in action! But could you add the possibility to repair mechanoids? Two of my crawlers have lost two legs and are now unable to walk, that bothers me a little. But great mod!