[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Quote from: Ykara on March 08, 2015, 10:20:20 AM
Wow, awesome! That mammoth texture is incredible, can't wait to see it in action! But could you add the possibility to repair mechanoids? Two of my crawlers have lost two legs and are now unable to walk, that bothers me a little. But great mod!
I'll have to look into how hard it is to just fix missing / broken body parts, instead of going through the whole prothetics / healing process that normally applies. It's definitely on the list for v1.04, although I can't promise that very soon, since I have all kind of projects still on my todo list, next to RimWorld modding.
For now it's easiest to just build a new crawler and trash the old one.

Lightbulb500

Just as a heads up I'm getting some errors running the Alpha 9 version

These are from a new game with a fresh world - with the usual Rimworld reset between activating the mod and playing

I do have a fair few other mods running so it may be a compatability issue

[attachment deleted due to age]

Pumpus

Be sure to check out "The Mod Show". Reviews of Rimworld mods so you don't have to do all the testing.

The Mod Show - By Pumpus

Orion

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on March 08, 2015, 11:36:44 AM
Just as a heads up I'm getting some errors running the Alpha 9 version
Ah, I think I know how it's happening. It's on the list now.

Lightbulb500

Quote from: Orion on March 09, 2015, 09:33:43 AM
Ah, I think I know how it's happening. It's on the list now.

Great! Thanks for the quick response  :D

Orion

Released Version 1.03a Preview
- Fix for no cover bug
- Minor description fixes
- Added Korean translation (thanks to Latta)
- Added keyed strings and English translation template

Famous Shoes

I tried 1.0.3a on an an existing colony and on new colony (but existing world) and got a mess of errors in both cases. Tried it on a new world, new colony, and saw no errors. Before I go rooting around to see what the issue might be and, if needed, a proper bug report for you, I wanted to see if new worlds are a known requirement...

Lightbulb500

The new version has solved the no cover errors perfectly but I now have another issue  :(

When reprogramming a crawler, the reprogrammer gets stuck in a loop producing an infinite number of crawlers one after the other from the same original wreck and AI chip.
Drafting them doesn't solve the problem either - it just resumes the instant they undraft

Orion

Hm. Those are both curious problems that I didn't encounter before over here. So I'm very interested in the error messages you're getting.

A new world is not a requirement, unless you have a mod that messes with the Mechanoid faction. Then you shouldn't use that other mod and create a new world.

Lightbulb500

Reloaded a save before the bug occurred and repeated.

Here are the error messages.

Hope it helps!

Famous Shoes

Here are the errors I saw with an existing world, new colony. If I save that colony, quit, and reload it, RimWorld has a total meltdown. I believe I saw roughly the same from adding More Mechs into an existing colony. Sorry this is a little weak, if you don't see what you need here, let me know and I'll try to put together something a little more useful.

Orion

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on March 11, 2015, 01:50:32 PM
Reloaded a save before the bug occurred and repeated.

Here are the error messages.

Thanks for the logs, Lightbulb. Could you tell me which version of RimWorld you are using? If it's not 727, I can guarantee you there will be problems.
The error is caused by an object called "Outfitter", probably trying to stick clothes onto the mechanoids, since they're technically "colonists". It's not part of the core game but I also couldn't find a mod that introduces it. So this exercise is left to the reader. Identify the offending mod, disable it, restart, see if there are more bugs.

Please also let me know which mod is causing it, so I can see if there's something I can do.

Orion

Quote from: Famous Shoes on March 11, 2015, 08:20:51 PM
Here are the errors I saw with an existing world, new colony. If I save that colony, quit, and reload it, RimWorld has a total meltdown. I believe I saw roughly the same from adding More Mechs into an existing colony.

Famous Shoes, your case is a bit harder. Which version of RimWorld do you use? I need to know which mods you are using and in which order they load. If you turn on developer mode, and give me a screenshot of the top logs after starting a map it'll include a list of mods in order of loading.

If you get errors when creating / loading the map and save it, the save is most likely corrupted, so it's not surprising you get errors then.

harpo99999

I also was having similar issues, and thelog entries were relating to the squadbrain, and when I removed the mod I was able to play with only ram leaks issues.
hope this helps

SlimeCrusher

Quote from: Orion on March 12, 2015, 04:29:09 AM
The error is caused by an object called "Outfitter", probably trying to stick clothes onto the mechanoids, since they're technically "colonists". It's not part of the core game but I also couldn't find a mod that introduces it. So this exercise is left to the reader. Identify the offending mod, disable it, restart, see if there are more bugs.

Please also let me know which mod is causing it, so I can see if there's something I can do.

I think he's using this mod:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10908.0