[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightbulb500

I am yeah, will try again without that mod active when I get home

Update: Disabling Outfitter fixed the issue  :)

Orion

Quote from: SlimeCrusher on March 12, 2015, 05:59:43 AM
I think he's using this mod:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10908.0
Ah, thanks! I've fixed Lightbulb's problem now. So the mods will be compatible with the next version (1.03b).

Lightbulb500

That's great to hear  :D

I have also run into Famous Shoes' error as well unfortunately, though I think I may have the source.

I believe it is something to do with the new mechanoids that spawn in some of the cryptosleep shrines as it was when I encountered one of these that the error appeared. I had previously been raided by a group of crawlers without any errors showing up.

Orion

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on March 12, 2015, 07:34:55 PM
I have also run into Famous Shoes' error as well unfortunately, though I think I may have the source.

I believe it is something to do with the new mechanoids that spawn in some of the cryptosleep shrines [..]
Oh, interesting! That could be, yes... thanks for the lead! I'll look into it...

Orion

Released Version 1.03b Preview
- Fixed compatibility with outfitter
- Fixed issue with core game spawning mechanoids when creating new map
- Fixed spawning mechanoids from dev menu

Latta

Quote from: Orion on March 13, 2015, 07:23:38 AM
- Fixed issue with core game spawning mechanoids when creating new map

Yes! It was a bit of annoyance.

Orion

For anyone who cares, I've released a little side project, the Hospitality Mod. It allows you to recruit people from passing by friendly factions.

Latta

Orion, a bug report.

It seems that one or more(maybe all of them) PAL components are throwing error when loading a save file with PAL: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", at Verse.MapDrawer.MapMeshDrawerUpdate .

Because it's "drawer update," I suspect it has something to do with those animated graphics, but not quite sure.

There was no issue when playing with it, only after loading a game with PAL in it. Also, after I got rid of all PALs in my save file manually, it disappeared.

Orion

Hm. Interesting.
I can load those save files just fine, so I guess it's a mod conflict, as usual.
In your rim world data folder there should be a log file.
Could you try load your save file, then quit the game and then send me a copy of that file? It probably has a clue to what is causing the issue.

Latta

We both has EdBs, Fusebox, Skill Lock and Misc. But I doubt its one of EdBs because I tried to turn those off already.
I suspect Skill Lock... No, not at all.

EDIT: New colony works fine, at least with stuffs made by god mode enabled. I'll just use PAL after I finish my current one.
EDIT EDIT: Now it refuses to load again, even in a colony of only a few days passed. I'll have to abandon whole PAL until future update than...

AllenWL

Great mod, but after trying to preprogram a few bots, I got a few questions.

1: How do I connect my mechanoid to PAL? I've built one, with all the parts, but I can't connect my crawler to it....
2: How do I rename my mechanoids? I want to name my crawler something special, since she was the first mechanoid ever to attack me or get re-programmed, but I can't figure out how.
3: Is there a way to use mechanoids for hunting/draft them as soldiers? It seems somewhat odd that they can't fight at all when your reprogram them when they are essentially robotic soldiers.
4: Could we reprogram centipedes? I found it kind of off-putting that out of all the mechanoids, the one that is the hardest to kill and most dangerous is essentially the most useless one.

Edit: So I checked the PAL again, and it said 'Lv. 0 needs 2x Pal sensor to level up' or something like that, so I made another pal sensor, and it still says that. Help?

Edit2: Ok, turned the game off, then on, and now my PAL is fully functional, and my crawler is properly linked up.

Orion

Released Version 1.03c Preview
- Attempt at fixing various problems with savegames

Quote from: AllenWL on March 16, 2015, 04:58:42 AM
3: Is there a way to use mechanoids for hunting/draft them as soldiers? It seems somewhat odd that they can't fight at all when your reprogram them when they are essentially robotic soldiers.
There is no way to do it right now. I was contemplating it, but I believe it is too powerful. If you need a story why it's not possible, then it's because your colonists just spent the last hour fighting them off, suffering heavy losses, so when turning them back on they disable all use of weapons, just to be sure.

Quote from: AllenWL on March 16, 2015, 04:58:42 AM
4: Could we reprogram centipedes? I found it kind of off-putting that out of all the mechanoids, the one that is the hardest to kill and most dangerous is essentially the most useless one.
I've been trying to think about an actual use for them. Since they're really slow, and I don't want to let them fight, I don't really know what there is that they could usefully do. Maybe grow plants.

AllenWL

Quote from: Orion on March 16, 2015, 05:16:49 PM

There is no way to do it right now. I was contemplating it, but I believe it is too powerful. If you need a story why it's not possible, then it's because your colonists just spent the last hour fighting them off, suffering heavy losses, so when turning them back on they disable all use of weapons, just to be sure.
Oh. I suppose that makes sense. If I beat a mechanoid, I suppose I would shut down it's weapons too. Especially the centipede. It took four guys with PDWs firing away non-stop for quite the time to kill it. Thankfully, it was a bit dumb. Well, either that, or my guys blew out it's sight sensors. But I suppose every dead mechanoid turning into a live(and deadly) soldier is a bit overpowered.

Quote from: Orion on March 16, 2015, 05:16:49 PM

I've been trying to think about an actual use for them. Since they're really slow, and I don't want to let them fight, I don't really know what there is that they could usefully do. Maybe grow plants.
Maybe it can deconstruct/construct buildings? Haul multiple items? Build? Act like a mobile wall? Be a heavily armored wheelchair for my colonists?

Um, one more question, but is there a easy way to find mechanoids I own? My crawler hauler is a lovely little fellow, but so hard to find. Since hunters tend to leave dead animals lying around and with drop pods and such, she's nearly always out getting things from all over, and is so hard to find when I want someone to haul those potatoes in to the fridge, and all my colonists are sleeping.

And this is just a thought, but wouldn't it be nice if you could assign a mechanoid to a colonist? The mechanoid could follow the colonist around and assist them with things, like bringing them resources to craft/build with, taking what they hunted/mined to the stockpiles, cutting down trees and plants that are in the way of their building, etc.
Just got the idea when I saw my colonists spend nearly a half of their waking hours not doing what I tell them to do, but preparing to do what I told them to do.

Orion

Quote from: AllenWL on March 17, 2015, 03:08:55 AM
Maybe it can deconstruct/construct buildings? Haul multiple items? Build? Act like a mobile wall? Be a heavily armored wheelchair for my colonists?
Not to sound negative here, but I've been thinking about that too. Construction / deconstruction heavily relies on hauling material around, so speed is actually quite important. On the other hand, hauling multiple items requires heavy changes to how hauling actually works. For a mobile wall I find them a bit too ugly. I hadn't thought about the wheelchair, but it'd be a very, very slow wheelchair. Also I wouldn't even know where to start, for creating drivable pawns.
So I am considering growing plants, because it means they can stick around the same area, it doesn't matter if they don't move very fast, and they spend their time outside, where they don't look weird because they have to go through doors. Downside: half the year you have this ugly slug sitting in the corner of your base...

Um, one more question, but is there a easy way to find mechanoids I own? My crawler hauler is a lovely little fellow, but so hard to find. Since hunters tend to leave dead animals lying around and with drop pods and such, she's nearly always out getting things from all over, and is so hard to find when I want someone to haul those potatoes in to the fridge, and all my colonists are sleeping.
What I usually do is zoom out on the map and look for the name, or something speeding around.

And this is just a thought, but wouldn't it be nice if you could assign a mechanoid to a colonist? The mechanoid could follow the colonist around and assist them with things [..]
This also would require an insane amount of tampering with how the game AI works. Mechanoids would have to predict what colonists are about to do, or colonists would have to tell them upfront. Easier would be if construction sites would generate hauling / cutting jobs, so colonists / mechanoids assigned to do those would just do them. But this is pretty much out of my control. It's a nice idea, but impractical in reality, in my opinion.

Orion

Quote from: Canute on March 17, 2015, 06:04:55 AM
I vote Centipede as Mining wurm instead the scyther.
Or maybe a mobile butcher cook factory. He consume corpse and produce meals out of the meat. He strips human corpses ofcourse.

Yeah i want a better way too, to cycle through your own mech's.
Do you know the Tactical computer from the Misc/MAI mod ?
You can cycle throuh your colonist,prisoner,enemy,friendly  but not through your own mechs. :-(
Maybe you can do a similar function at the PAL ?
Mining is a cool idea, actually. I like that one too!
I haven't tried the tactical computer, guess I should take a look.