[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veryinky

Quote from: Latta on March 27, 2015, 04:40:54 AMDid you tried to change mod order? It...MIGHT work. For me, I lost my save anyway so I re-organized whole mod order and it seems okay except controlled mechanoids change everytime I load. (Though no long term test yet)
If you are worried about change it, maybe my temporary solution will work as a changed list of controlled mechanoids is not a big deal compared to not loadable at all.
Actually I tried your DLL and it worked. Though PAL isn't really worth it for my purposes. It does keep my tundra bunker complex warm (-62 outside, 22 degrees inside) without the need for heaters but it wasn't worth the thousands upon thousands of metal just so the dozen or so roomba crawlers don't overheat as much.

There's probably a much more efficient PAL arrangement too. Do the coolers need to be facing an open space?

AllenWL

Apparently, it also prevents your mechs going rouge, and going back on the path of human-slaughter.

Also, last I heard, PAL components don't count as a full wall, so it will sorta let heat leak through,

Orion

Released Version 1.03f
- final attempt at fixing weird savegame bug with PAL Core
- mechanoids can now be repaired

Quote from: veryinky on March 27, 2015, 04:40:02 PM
Though PAL isn't really worth it for my purposes.
It does make them more efficient and also allows you to keep them in the base during battles.

Quote from: Ominus on March 27, 2015, 10:21:52 AM
Yes, i love stuffing in as many mods as i can get to work together  ;D
Impressive! But if a bug occurs later in your game, it'll be hell to find the cause :P

Quote from: veryinky on March 25, 2015, 12:36:03 PM
It's my main complaint with the mod. Crawlers short circuit themselves, burn out their limbs and have to be bashed to death to be re-chipped.
Fixed!

AllenWL

Quote from: Orion on March 28, 2015, 03:16:48 AM
[
Quote from: veryinky on March 25, 2015, 12:36:03 PM
It's my main complaint with the mod. Crawlers short circuit themselves, burn out their limbs and have to be bashed to death to be re-chipped.
Fixed!
Uh, by that, do you mean they won't burn off their legs or they won't short-circuit, or we don't need to kill and re-chip?

Orion

I thought I'd leave that up to you to find out. But what it does is that colonists set to "Repair" will now fix Mechanoids when they're idle.

veryinky

I think I'm going to stick to 1.03d with Latta's DLL. Latest version doesn't load for me.

AllenWL

Quote from: Orion on March 28, 2015, 09:09:09 AM
I thought I'd leave that up to you to find out. But what it does is that colonists set to "Repair" will now fix Mechanoids when they're idle.
Welp, time to update the mod

test_account

Where is the download for the update, though? I can only find 1.03e

Redshadow

Just a quick report of a possible issue, when i'm ingame and I place down a PAC core, it all works fine, but when I load the game with the PAC in, it fails to load the save and I get the usual broken screen with distorted HUD elements, i'm currently running version A9 722, when I get around to updating i'll let you know if it was just a version incompatability
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

Redshadow

I use the latest available one, there isn't a link to 1.03f

Latta

Orion already updated, he just didn't fixed download link's NAME. Try to check file's uploaded time or its about.xml instead. I can see 1.03f there.

Redshadow

Well, in which case. I have the latest update. Guess i'll re-install it again, just to make sure

-edit
Yeah, it still doesn't work for me, but i'm not running the latest Rimworld. I'll get around to updating that.

-second edit
Turns out I can't update rimworld, my email provider automatically deletes emails after 3 months, so I've lost the download link  :'(

Orion

Quote from: veryinky on March 28, 2015, 02:51:24 PM
I think I'm going to stick to 1.03d with Latta's DLL. Latest version doesn't load for me.
Sorry, I can't read what's on there. Could you click the red message and make a larger picture so I can read all the text?

veryinky

I clicking on it doesn't do anything, game's very locked up for me. I'm thinking it's because I'm using Haplo's "Miscellaneous 191 - Vanilla Enhanced" mod and there's some kind of conflict. I'm going to go through my mods to see if that's it.

I've got Misc 191:VE (Colonist Positioning 'n' Groups, Trader, Artefact, Locked Doors, BrainPals.), Vents only from heat distribution, Weapon Crafting, Hospitality and Less Incident Trolling.

Orion

Yeah, Miscellaneous is most likely not compatible with my mods. If you can't get a better screenshot, do send me your output log file, after it happened.