[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Ah, right. I'll look into it when I have the time... But don't hold your horses, I'm overloaded with work these days.

cy-one

Is there a simple way (like, changing a value in a file) to lower the detoriation/crash chance?
Because for me personally, it's way too high. Brand "new" crawlers don't even manage to haul one single item without at least rebooting once. If not more.

DigitalProeliator

Yea I have to agree that the crawlers themselves specifically don't last very long. The micromanaging every day just is not make it worth doing for them. The others can last a week to a month before needing to be repaired but if forget checking the crawlers for a few days I know to look for them in the robot graveyard I set up..

Orion

That is actually quite odd, since colonists fix up the worst parts if they're on repair duty.

So either you have really a lot of them, or they break entirely by chance. Hm. I guess I should make deterioration tweakable.

cy-one

The situation I described had..... 2 Crawlers. Colony-wide. In a colony with ~10 people.

Brand new or freshly repaired crawler, didn't matter. They maybe managed to do ONE trip, after that the crash chance was way above 50%, and even that one trip usually had one or two reboots in it.

So... yeah... please do make them tweakable :(

DigitalProeliator

Quote from: Orion on August 13, 2015, 04:49:35 PM
That is actually quite odd, since colonists fix up the worst parts if they're on repair duty.

So either you have really a lot of them, or they break entirely by chance. Hm. I guess I should make deterioration tweakable.

I didn't really have a lot, I had two crawlers, a scyther, and a centipede I got out of a random raid. Chipped them and the scyther and centipede I had no issues. I think the time between the damage for them is just to much for when people are sleeping, or they don't have enough health. I think a tweak to either of that would fix the issue.

Orion

The crashes are by design. Otherwise they are way overpowered. But they shouldn't just get destroyed.

cy-one

I appreciate that and agree, but the frequency (at least in my game) just made them absolutely unworthy of the involved effort (aka, plasteel and such). It was actually a lot easier to just capture/recruit another raider and set him to only haul. He worked faster, way more reliable, and didn't cost anything besides a bit of rice - of which I produce enough anyway.

For me, at the moment, chipped mechanoids don't offer any... advantage, any real value. And with them being all Zzzzz-rebooty all the time (really, with 3 mechanoids, I could never find an opportunity to make a screenshot without one of them being in that state), even the "style/coolness"-factor is sadly not really a given.

RiftandRend

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but I wish I could use the converted Mechanoids in combat. It was their original purpose, and the converted crawlers still have their plasma cutters as a body part, so I don't see why not.

Orion

Quote from: cy-one on August 14, 2015, 08:04:41 AM
I appreciate that and agree, but the frequency (at least in my game) just made them absolutely unworthy of the involved effort (aka, plasteel and such).
The next version will have a little bit slower deterioration and possibly it will be tweakable, if you're into XML modding.

Quote from: RiftandRend on August 14, 2015, 01:24:54 PM
I don't know if this has already been addressed, but I wish I could use the converted Mechanoids in combat. It was their original purpose, and the converted crawlers still have their plasma cutters as a body part, so I don't see why not.
It's been an ongoing discussion. For now the argument is the following: it's a lot of work to implement and balance, and right now I don't even have enough time to tweak their crashes, let alone new features.

cy-one

Quote from: Orion on August 15, 2015, 01:43:51 PM
Quote from: cy-one on August 14, 2015, 08:04:41 AM
I appreciate that and agree, but the frequency (at least in my game) just made them absolutely unworthy of the involved effort (aka, plasteel and such).
The next version will have a little bit slower deterioration and possibly it will be tweakable, if you're into XML modding.

As long as it's at least a little bit documented, I'll be fine :D

Mechfried

Awesome mod. I just hope the the A12 version of you mod is coming soon ;D

Orion

I'm afraid you'll have to hang tight for a while. I think it'll be at the very least 4 weeks, since my agenda doesn't allow me to even get started any time soon :-\

johiah

"My best warden has no jaw"

akiceabear

He mentioned at least 4 weeks on 30 August. One message above your post. PAY ATTENTION.