[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tekuromoto

I just started using this mod and a) it works fine with an existing colony, and b) FRICKIN AWESOME! I really love the hard new mechs, and having little roombas running about is most excellent. Thanks for a great mod.

I have one request: is it possible to have an overview screen for reprogrammed mechs, similar to the animals screen (maybe even integrated into it)? Just to keep tabs on all the little buggers...  ;D

Twinkieishere17

Hello, first off I want to say I really love your mod. However, when I'm making the chips for them my people are taking 100 silver instead of the 5 they are supposed to.

There isn't any error log that has come up either so sorry about that.
Thank you very much for any help.

Orion

Quote from: Tekuromoto on October 17, 2015, 09:20:30 PM
I just started using this mod and a) it works fine with an existing colony, and b) FRICKIN AWESOME! I really love the hard new mechs, and having little roombas running about is most excellent. Thanks for a great mod.

I have one request: is it possible to have an overview screen for reprogrammed mechs, similar to the animals screen (maybe even integrated into it)? Just to keep tabs on all the little buggers...  ;D
Thanks for enjoying the mod! I will look into making such a window when I have time. Many more people would like it, so it might be worth the trouble.

Quote from: Twinkieishere17 on October 19, 2015, 02:58:47 AM
Hello, first off I want to say I really love your mod. However, when I'm making the chips for them my people are taking 100 silver instead of the 5 they are supposed to.
This is by design. It's a rimworld rule that small materials like gold, silver and uranium use 20 pieces per unit. Very confusing, I know.

Orion

New version!
1.07 - 19.10.2015
- Balancing
- Recharging platform for mechanoids
- Tab for finding all mechanoids and setting areas (like animals)

Noobier

I have the problem, that colonist wont attack the new mechanoids (accept the crawlers). I have to assign the target mannualy and the old ones and crawlers are targeted normaly.

Edit: Nevermind, it just took two restarts and a quick change of my modorder to be fixed.

Orion

Quote from: Noobier on October 19, 2015, 02:14:09 PM
I have the problem, that colonist wont attack the new mechanoids (accept the crawlers). I have to assign the target mannualy and the old ones and crawlers are targeted normaly.
Actually, I've experienced this too. I gave mechanoids a slight chance to be burnable, and for some reason they eventually catch fire during fights (maybe a weapon mod). Once they burn, they're not seen as a threat and you have to manually target them. If this turns out to annoy too many people, I'll make them fireproof again.

Also, a small explanation about the new charge plates:
They're mainly there to allow you to choose where the mechanoids will rest when idle. But as long as they're powered, the mechanoids will also not deteriorate while standing on them.

Noobier

Quote from: Orion on October 20, 2015, 03:55:47 AM
Quote from: Noobier on October 19, 2015, 02:14:09 PM
Actually, I've experienced this too. I gave mechanoids a slight chance to be burnable, and for some reason they eventually catch fire during fights (maybe a weapon mod). Once they burn, they're not seen as a threat and you have to manually target them. If this turns out to annoy too many people, I'll make them fireproof again.

Oh thanks for the hint. So my defense against them with lasers is quite stupid. ^^
On the other hand, they catch fire when they are around a shipwreck and some of them get instakilled while I'm gathering my troops.
Maybe removing the firerestistance would be a good idea.

Orion

Quotethey catch fire when they are around a shipwreck
Good point.

grizzlymint_gpt

I love the mod, and I love the new update with the Mechanoid tab. However, I think being able to toggle all of an option at once would be a huge quality of life increase. It's kind of a bummer clicking "Stay Home" 20+ times every time I get raided.

Tekuromoto

Thanks for the update - having a tab is very helpful.

One small note: the charge pads (or at least the small one, haven't made large ones yet) don't connect to the power net automatically. That is, they don't "plug in" to a conduit within range - I've had to build conduit right to the charge pad to get it to connect.

wh72

I have a slight issue, I cant see any way to repurpose mechanoids, I have a bunch of dead crawlers around (and the machine table does not show a repurpose option) and I also have a incapacitated centipede which I cant do anything with either, could someone please tell me whats going on here? thanks

Orion

Quote from: grizzlymint_gpt on October 22, 2015, 05:33:22 PM
I think being able to toggle all of an option at once would be a huge quality of life increase.
I'll look into it.

Quote from: Tekuromoto on October 22, 2015, 06:27:59 PM
One small note: the charge pads (or at least the small one, haven't made large ones yet) don't connect to the power net automatically.
Will look into it.

Quote from: wh72 on October 23, 2015, 06:11:51 AM
I have a slight issue, I cant see any way to repurpose mechanoids, I have a bunch of dead crawlers around (and the machine table does not show a repurpose option) and I also have a incapacitated centipede which I cant do anything with either, could someone please tell me whats going on here?
If the option doesn't show, you probably still have to research it. Or the mod is conflicting with another mod that you're using.

Zeta Omega

Anybody else think mechanoid deterioration is a bit...well annoying

Scottnov

Quote from: wh72 on October 23, 2015, 06:11:51 AM
I have a slight issue, I cant see any way to repurpose mechanoids, I have a bunch of dead crawlers around (and the machine table does not show a repurpose option) and I also have a incapacitated centipede which I cant do anything with either, could someone please tell me whats going on here? thanks
I was confused by this at first too, you repurpose them at machining benches. You might already know this of course, I'm not really too sure how I myself missed it to begin with, but I decided I might as well try at least.

Quote from: Zeta Omega on October 23, 2015, 06:58:58 PM
It is, yeah, but that's just part of owning them. It definitely does fee more annoying than it probably should be due how random it is, though, especially for crawlers which have really low HP parts.

Orion

Quote from: Zeta Omega on October 23, 2015, 06:58:58 PM
If you have a better way to balance out an autonomic worker without running costs that slaves away day and night without needs for food, sleep or joy, that can be built in almost unlimited quantities, I'm all ears.
Further requirements are of course that it has to make sense, fit the theme and story and not take weeks to implement or require fancy extra graphics.