[A12d] More Mechanoids (v1.07b - updated 31.12.2015)

Started by Orion, January 11, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obviousguy

Cool mod! Almost immediately after I started a game, I was attacked by mechs. Wasn't a problem since they were only crawlers. And that's where I discounted them and how much of a threat they were. I was down to 1 barely alive colonist trying to heal the other two. It really adds a new perspective than "hide behind this wall and don't stop shooting"

5/5, awesome
"That's it. Unleash the Battle Monkeys."

popster99

does anyone have pictures of the new mech

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Orion on January 31, 2015, 04:00:14 AM
What difficulty did you play? It's still very much in the process of tweaking and balancing. I'm glad to hear if it's too much / too easy from different people.
i was on the one below challenging and almost instantly (i had a small hut with 3 beds and a windmill) mechs have dropped right on top of you and it was the little buggers. that was my first red envelope
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

GrumpyLion89

What a awesome mod! I have seen many "droid" type mods but this one is my absolute favourite! Please expand this mod!
I have a few question though. The bench keeps copying jobs in the selection menu so now I have 6 crafting chips, 6 making hauler bots etc..
And what is the deal with short-circuiting bots? Is it because there wet or is it just random? And how random is that. Has is something to do with crafting level?

Orion

Quote from: GrumpyLion89 on January 31, 2015, 06:19:23 AM
What a awesome mod! I have seen many "droid" type mods but this one is my absolute favourite! Please expand this mod!
I have a few question though. The bench keeps copying jobs in the selection menu so now I have 6 crafting chips, 6 making hauler bots etc..
And what is the deal with short-circuiting bots? Is it because there wet or is it just random? And how random is that. Has is something to do with crafting level?
It's all a bit work in progress and I want to see how people respond to the various things. Obviously there has to be a downside to fast workers that don't need food or any other sort of maintenance. So right now there is just a chance that a bot short-circuits and causes some damage. Currently it is not linked to any specific factor, although I could imagine linking it their time in service.
The bench copying jobs is plainly a bug and I'll look into fixing it as soon as possible. Thanks for pointing it out!

GrumpyLion89

Maybe there it is a possibility to let them require maintenance? And give them a option to be repaired? Now you need to shut them down when they are to damaged to do their jobs. Anyway, the mod is already very awesome. So I'm not complaining or anything.

Orion

Yeah I was thinking about that too. But in practice it's a bit tricky to do. Like people resting in the medibeds, they have to hold still for someone to work on them.

I'll have to see what can be done.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Orion on January 31, 2015, 09:13:01 AM
Yeah I was thinking about that too. But in practice it's a bit tricky to do. Like people resting in the medibeds, they have to hold still for someone to work on them.

I'll have to see what can be done.
Maybe have some of their parts get broke over time. Like a leg malfunctions and slows them down or the core breaks open and put it in the health bar (Core-Broken Over heating) or something like that and then add new limbs for them. Maybe add a battery pack that you need to craft at the bench along with the limbs and parts. Craft leg part, craft eye assembly, craft core assembly (this will cost a big amount but not to much like 2 gold 1 plasteal and 1 steal). And if the core part breaks open you cant fix it you have to replace the crawler all together.

again just ideas.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Orion

Definitely thanks for the input. From the short circuits they do already damage body parts, which affect their functionality.

Crafting individual body parts seems overkill and doesn't make it more interesting. But maybe disassembling mechanoids will yield spare parts which you can then use to fix broken bots with.

skullywag

I "may" be able to help in terms of repairing mechs, if you can get them getting "injuries", i reckon i can get a repair bay sorted, heavily based on my self heal casket, cant promise anything but it seems like it would work.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Orion

Injuries should be no problem!

We can definitely give it a try!

Orion

The bench keeps copying jobs in the selection menu so now I have 6 crafting chips, 6 making hauler bots etc..
I've just released a fix that will take care of this bug, but also spawns less crawlers.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Orion on January 31, 2015, 11:15:09 AM
The bench keeps copying jobs in the selection menu so now I have 6 crafting chips, 6 making hauler bots etc..
I've just released a fix that will take care of this bug, but also spawns less crawlers.
Oh thank god my bench was geting more than 6 copys. An ya the body part where overkill but it was an idea if at best. I like the pulling parts off dead mechs. and skullys repair bay idea sounds cool maybe use a hopper with the spart parts pointed in to the repair bay and if the crawlers get a broken part they can run there. Dont get me wrong i think it should still have a chance to short circuit and be useless still. Just a smaller chance of it happening. I had another idea but i forgot it (Go figure huh)  ::)

GrumpyLion89

Thanks! But now I can't craft the chips and install them in the bots any more. I made sure I had plasteel. Changed storage, re-constructed the table. Also, if a bot gets killed colonist get a -15 mood penalty from unburied colonist. Bug or just start a new game?

Orion

Hm, I had that too at some point. Reconstructing indeed helped.

I'll look into the mood penalty. Doesn't seem fair, indeed. Let's call it a bug / oversight.