[MOD] (Alpha 9) Stroyent .99b

Started by cythedag, March 25, 2015, 06:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killaim

Quote from: JuliaEllie on March 25, 2015, 08:53:18 PM
Hello, Im JuliaEllie from the Rimworld forums and I approve of this mod. *makes shopping TV pose*

"i too aprove of this mod - dont you just hate when you come home from a hard day of mining - to find out the frigde is empty ? well no more!"
*shows poor pawn with empty frigde*
"now its super easy to make a meal for you and of your friends, ehh and WITH your friends"
*shows happy pawn stuffing other pawn leg into juicer*

"Order Right now!!"

cythedag

Quote from: Killaim on March 26, 2015, 12:58:16 AM
"now its super easy to make a meal for you and of your friends, ehh and WITH your friends"
*shows happy pawn stuffing other pawn leg into juicer*

This and that south park pic made me lol. Nice, I needed that today.

Viceroy

Seriously though dude if you are a nerd you'll love dll modding, it is way more straight forward than even I initially thought. And there is really almost nothing you can't do with it.

Like say if you wanted to create this...

To help convert raw biomass into stroyent... requiring a living human... Slowly mutilating and killing them...

I have some code that could easily fit the bill from my horrors mod if you are interested?
Dog goes moo!

cythedag

Sure man, if you want to help out I wouldn't mind at all. I was wondering about making a TSD, but in the Quake mythos what does the TSD do? lol, is it a battery or is it related to stroyent, or maybe even both? If you want to collaborate with me on this Viceroy, I'm game.

Viceroy

Cool, pm me your skype username and we can get going. But yeah TSD's seem to be some weird kind of energy/biomass storage. If you think about it they are pretty much only used in areas that are largely incredibly vital, and that house stuff like teleporters and some prety high-consumption gear.

It seems off thay they'd only be for energy, chances are that they are also 'food' for the massive amounts of organic machinery they have, stuff like their central processing brains that can't go without either stroyent or power.

But yes beyond having them store energy it is a mystery. Which is what makes the Strogg so cool, there is so much room for speculation. I have always loved the Strogg, and would love to help you, time permitting.

:)
Dog goes moo!

IAMEPSIL0N

Hopefully I'm not making a fool of myself but I was curious if this works with meat from modded in humanoid races/factions such as the Jaffa or the Norbals as I believe their corpses are in the humanoid class but when butchered I believe they produce X-leather and X-meat and that the Stroyent Recipe is only looking for the specific human meat.

cythedag

It's just for human meat. Feel free though to chop this mod up and do what you want with it though. I discontinued development of it.

Ninefinger

Quote from: cythedag on May 23, 2015, 12:54:10 PM
It's just for human meat. Feel free though to chop this mod up and do what you want with it though. I discontinued development of it.

I brought it back to life in the ultimate overhaul modpack  :D