[MOD] (Alpha8) Colonial Marines (Hotfix. Well... kinda warm.)

Started by BajtMe, January 11, 2015, 10:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BajtMe

Smartgun is coming eventually if i can make it look ok. Its basically just a long stick with a bunch of other sticks attached to it, so at low resolutions it tends to look like.... a stick. ^^ I doubt i will get around to making the harness though. A bandana or two might also make an appearance.  :)

john pretzel

Check this out:

Could help you get started  :)

BajtMe

Added a small hotfix. It's nothing you REEEALLY need but i suggest you get it. I had forgot to set the jumpsuits to cover legs and arms. I also discovered you can wear the jumpsuits with the armor, which was not intended, but i kept it in cause i kind'a liked it.  ::)

Loki88

Is there a way these could turn into thermal jumpsuits of some nature? As it stands my Marines can't wear their armour in the winter due to freezing lower body parts off...

BajtMe

I will try to come up with something for the next update, perhaps an alternative download for people who like to play in cold biomes. In the meantime you can easily tweak this yourself in your "Apparel_USCMC.def" file.

These are the values you will need to add/adjust

<equippedStatOffsets>
      <ComfyTemperatureMax>-5</ComfyTemperatureMax>
      <ComfyTemperatureMin>-5</ComfyTemperatureMin>
    </equippedStatOffsets>

Dragoon

The m41a is overpriced considering it's not better than the m16 ( It only has a bonus burst.)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

BajtMe

I'll take a look at it, comparing it to other mods etc. I am mainly playing the game now, making small changes as i go, so it might be a while before i feel enough has been changed to warrant a new update. For now you can easily change the price yourself in the def file (look for marketvalue). If you have any trouble finding it, send me a pm.

tresflores

hey are you gonna update to alpha 9 this is seriously one of my favorite mods when combined with edb scenarios

Macmerritt

Yeah was hoping to drop more colonial Marines onto a new planet. Need ya to please update this mod mate.

BajtMe

Sorry i haven't been around to update the mod (or at least to reply to comments). I am not currently playing the game, and i probably won't be again until it's done.
In my personal version from Beta 8 i have a few small additions that never got released, bandanas, helmet variants .etc and when the game is finished i will most likely revive the mod and possibly expand on it, but until then i'm afraid there won't be an update, sorry.
I'm just not willing to put in the time atm as i have a lot of other stuff going on.
Of course if anyone else has updated/modified it or whatnot for their own use they are free to share it with anyone or even take over the mod completely. Same goes for the Workers Apparel Mod.