[MOD] (Alpha8) Colonial Marines (Hotfix. Well... kinda warm.)

Started by BajtMe, January 11, 2015, 10:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BajtMe

Tiny hotfix. Changed the jumpsuits to cover arms and legs as well as torso. Download the "Apparel_USCMC.7z" file at the bottom of this post and unzip it to "Mods\USCMC\Defs\ThingDefs" Overwrite the old file.

This mod adds Colonial Marine equipment from the alien movies.
Included are:
- M3 Personal Armor (Male, female and hulk. Thin pawns will use the male type armor which works well. I will probably not be adding a Fat type armor, i'm just too lazy.)
- M10 Ballistic helmet
- M41A Pulse Rifle
- T-shirt with "marines" across the chest for all body types.
- Jumpsuits for all body types.

The armors offers a bit less protection than the vanilla power armor but also gives less work speed and movement penalty.
The Jumpsuit gives a small work speed bonus and has some heat protection but can not be worn with the armor. the t-shirt just makes you look badass.
The M41A rifle uses a modified version of Project Armory's M81 def file (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1950.0) and has pretty much the same stats. I made my own textures though so i wouldn't feel like such a leech.  ::)

I have added a link to download a 7zip containing the .PSD files for the mod. They are a bit of a mess but should help in case anyone wants to change/fix something. Now also contains PSD's for the overalls from my "Labourer Apparel" mod.
http://www.filedropper.com/uscmcpsd_1

This is my first mod for Rimworld and i am bound to have messed something up, so please let me know if you have any problems.

Feel free to use any resources from this mod for your own projects.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

[attachment deleted due to age]

bullet

looks very cool!
A couple of questions, if you don't mind:
units of other factions may spawn with these things? ( and what should be changed to avoid this?)
How about crafting process of these  things?

Professor Cupcake

Does the armour give them negative damage resist, so they die quicker?
Would be pretty authentic if that were the case :P

perci2112

does this give them a false 'badass' bonus? lol

BajtMe

There is currently no way to craft these items. I was struggling just getting the items in game with proper stats. I will have to learn more about .def files before i can add crafting. They SHOULD however be available from traders, and they can be added with starting resources (last step before launching) in Edb Prepare Carefully mod.
You can NOT make starting colonists wear the items from start with EdbPC though. Because the items can't be recolored the interface will go *spop* if you try to equip them in the character creation menu when using EdbPC. Many mods that add gear have this problem and i don't think there is a workaround for it.   
I have no clue how to make items spawn/not spawn on different factions, any info on that would be appreciated. And no, they don't have negative damage resist.  :P

Evul

john pretzel

Great artwork. Spot on. Can you add a red bandana like vasquez had in the 2nd movie? Red, black, green.. you can diverse.  :D

Rikiki

You should look at the tags in the xml def of your apparel to know who will be able to equip your items:

<tags>
        <li>Outlander</li>
        <li>Spacer</li>
      </tags>

These tags mean outlander/spacer humanoïds can equip this. So tribals will not.
Ask Shinzy, he is the apparel's tags master. :D

EdB

Quote from: BajtMe on January 11, 2015, 11:54:30 AM
You can NOT make starting colonists wear the items from start with EdbPC though. Because the items can't be recolored the interface will go *spop* if you try to equip them in the character creation menu when using EdbPC. Many mods that add gear have this problem and i don't think there is a workaround for it.

Be sure you have a newer version of the Prepare Carefully mod.  I believe I fixed this problem in version 1.5.1.  Please let me know if you're still seeing the issue in the latest release.  I just started a game, and I was able to dress up my colonists with colonial marine apparel, no problem. 

Great work on the mod.  It looks great!

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

StalkerCZ

Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

BajtMe

Quote from: Rikiki on January 11, 2015, 03:22:26 PM
You should look at the tags in the xml def of your apparel to know who will be able to equip your items:

<tags>
        <li>Outlander</li>
        <li>Spacer</li>
      </tags>

These tags mean outlander/spacer humano�ds can equip this. So tribals will not.
Ask Shinzy, he is the apparel's tags master. :D
Thank you.  :)

Quote from: EdB on January 11, 2015, 03:29:39 PM
Be sure you have a newer version of the Prepare Carefully mod.  I believe I fixed this problem in version 1.5.1.  Please let me know if you're still seeing the issue in the latest release.  I just started a game, and I was able to dress up my colonists with colonial marine apparel, no problem. 

Great work on the mod.  It looks great!
Not sure how i missed that update. There are so many new mods and updates popping up right now it's got my head spinning. Glad to hear that little issue has been fixed, EdB Prepare Carefully mod is now officially perfect.    :D

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

noahdaorkyboy

this is awsome!i hope you stick with this mod. im not talking anything like the great war mod with tanks and a bunch of factions, but it would be cool if you add the marines, xenos, and wey-yu mercs as factions, and add more weapons. i hate to use this game for example, but look at aliens colonial marines. it had a good amount of guns, although i would be happy with the smart gun added. all in all very good so far and i would love to see more stuff added.