New Backstory Category?

Started by Grizzlyadamz, January 12, 2015, 07:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlyadamz

Can you make them, or is this kinda off-limits by association since you pay to add custom stories?
Doing a search suggests there was talk of it back in alpha 4, has anything changed since then?

Would like to know since I'm setting up a medieval faction- it'd be good to get medieval lords/knights/peasants/minstrels where they should be.

Shinzy

Don't think you can do anything like this without some clever coding or somesuch
your best bet might be to put them as Pirate category those seems to have all the medieval/tunnelworld ones and then some agressive ones
(makes me slightly sad, cause I'm wanting to make a tunnelworld faction but I don't think there's a category that would just contain all the tunnelworld backgrounds ..so I just have to accept all the non tunnelworld tunnelworldians in my faction)

Grizzlyadamz

Bummer, is there, like, an equivalent to 'Future of the Fortress' where we can bring these kindsa issue up with Tynan directly?

Shinzy

Tynan is always open for questions I feel! I've only ever seen two modding related suggestions so far? I think
there hasn't been any kind of central hub of that kind of suggestions during the time I've been here!

So you could ask or make a thread (or try to get his attention on this one!) =P
at the very least he might be able to direct you to right track on how to make this kinda new category (if even possible) after which you could then try get further help from the better modders around here

mipen

If you look at this thread there is a way described for adding new back stories. It isn't tested, but as far as I know it would work and be relatively simple to get going

Grizzlyadamz

Mm, I'm partial to the 'tynan wouldn't approve' bit.

But hell, if it gets to that point I might bite the bullet and take a swing at it.
I can't into DLLs though.