morgue tasks

Started by OldVamp, January 12, 2015, 04:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldVamp

new category of 'skill' morgue, mortician, undertaker something like that
for carrying bodies to the incinerator and other related tasks

a new morgue table (workbench) where you can set a bill for which kinds of clothing to strip off corpses

this will allow us to set pawns to do these tasks without preventing good crafters and haulers from doing their jobs because they cant handle bodies.
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

Mihsan

QuoteDec 16

Rebalanced gold and silver ore commonality, pawn skill gain and loss rates, item creation quality from creator skill.
    Added post-process curve to reduce prices traders will pay for very expensive items.
    Rebalanced parkas so they reduce work speed.
    Cremation is now a hauler job.
    Mood now affects work speed.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Johnny Masters

A new skill for that? Cmon man, that's an obvious no. Unless you mean job. But that screen is already so crowded that it makes me say no. Jobs need a better system, not extra categories.

I still think you should be able to assign specific pawns to certain jobs that have a station, bonus points if you can set for how long they do it. Or, if you could select someone and through a right click prioritize that action/job, until the job is done or until a time has passed.

OldVamp

i was aware of the hauler job change
the problem is if you only have 2 people who can handle bodies without going insane you have to disable hauling for everyone else to keep them happy. this is bad
or flip the boxes after every raid.

Johnny Masters

sub-jobs with check-able boxes should do the trick as well

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Johnny Masters on January 12, 2015, 05:46:49 PM
Won't that wander too far into DF territory? Not saying that it's bad, just...way complicated. Which I guess is fun for some people. Never mind.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

bullwinkle

Quote from: Johnny Masters on January 12, 2015, 05:46:49 PM

I think this would be fantastic, that way you can really define what each pawn does.

I do like the idea of a table to bring bodies too so they can be stripped then cremated, or buried. Plus maybe add a bill that took specific organs out?

OldVamp

in the short term maybe a new bill could be added to the crematorium "strip and cremate corpse" with cloth types in materials list.

leathers
cloth
synthread
devistrand
hyperweave
power

Johnny Masters

Better yet, we should have a lab (bill) that transforms corpses into zom-  i mean thralls to do your biding. Yep, i just suggested that we should be able to create a zombie army from raider corpses.

Eleazar

Quote from: OldVamp on January 12, 2015, 08:40:07 PM
in the short term maybe a new bill could be added to the crematorium "strip and cremate corpse" with cloth types in materials list.

leathers
cloth
synthread
devistrand
hyperweave
power

Simple and Effective. +1