[MOD] (Alpha 10) Caveworld flora (V10.0 29-04-2015)

Started by Rikiki, January 13, 2015, 05:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathenaut

I think that his mod would be ideal for desert and tundra biomes, as an alternative to standard growing. Especially if these can survive in places plants cannot.

Rikiki

In fact, the growing rate and density of mushrooms has been greatly reduced in the last version. Plus, the mushies only grow between [-10; +40] °C.
So I would not recommend starting a colony hoping to eat only mushies... :D

Mathenaut

Rikiki

That was the purpose: render caves more alive! :D
There is also a fun effect if you have a pawn near mature gleamcaps when an eclipse starts... ;)

Remorium

Kaballah

buder5

how can i get a world in cave ? i already saw something like this or just how i can spawn in cave ? i dont want to build the whole cave

LittleGreenStone

Oh...my...god. I LOVE THEM MUSHIES! They are all glowy and s**t, it's so freakin' cool! I don't know why I love it so much BUT I DO!

Chaplain

Grabbed the mod thinking it was something you could farm or would find naturally in revealed areas.  Wasn't quite prepared for when a shimmershroom popped up almost a day after I roofed in an area.  I think I'll build a couch across from it just so colonists have something to hide behind from this new home invader.  Or I'll just use it as a place holder for a TV.

Also I noticed this mod doesn't seem to work with the Autohunt beacon's harvest ability.  I have no real clue how that mod is rigged but previous experience makes me believe it only let's you check off things that spawn on the map during generation (I know it loves to ignore beavers)

Panzer

Soo this is the first mod I grabbed, I noticed the nutritional values for the funghi are off the charts ;D

One mushroom has 1200-2000%, a fine meal offers 89%, yet the colonists always seem to take more than one when eating them, and contrary to expectations they dont prefer them over other meals, maybe because it is raw? The cook treats them like other vegetables when cooking, my colonists will get fat in no time ;D

Btw, is there a reason for the abnormal values?

EDIT: Ok so it seems like they always take the whole stack, but only eat one and leave the rest on the table. That means those things are full-fledged survival meals, if you dig a lot of caves and let the funghi spread, you could support a small sized colony with that for a while, might try that at one point.

Btw, the poisonous funghi idea is great, would love to see some lung infection caused by poisonous spore, or something like a hallucinogen induced state (works like standard disease) that weakens conciousness a lot up to the point where they get unconcious and need to be rescued ;D

Rikiki

Quote from: Panzer on May 18, 2015, 12:58:10 PM
Soo this is the first mod I grabbed,
[...]
get unconcious and need to be rescued ;D

Thanks for the detailed report Panzer! :)

About the hallucination part, this is already coded! :D In fact, pay attention to the gleamcap when an eclipse begins: you will see this mushy (if mature) will spread some spores. Try to get a colonist fast next to it and he will get a mood bonus for about half a day! ;)
For now, I did not worked on poisonous plants but I may do it if I get some more free time! Fishing Industry (release tonight!) took me some time lately...

For the nutrition stat, this is my mistake. :P I did not changed the value when updating to Alpha 10 and apparently this parameter was converted from percent to decimal value (so 12% should be 0.12 in the Items_Resources.xml file, line 42 and 73).
Colonists still prefer meals to raw vegetables but shimmershrooms give a mood bonus when eaten raw (I may change that to give a small joy bonus like vanilla berries ::)).

Panzer

Ah alright, thought so, changed it in my files  ;)

In my next mountain colony I ll leave some patches unsmoothed to get some kind of mushroom farm ^^
I noticed the hallucination part, nice to see you dont get it all the time, just sometimes, so it is more like a random buff.

My idea for your maybe poisonous shrooms mod: a quick growing mushroom that poisons the air around him (3x3 tiles), you could use the medical system to do something akin to heatstroke, but maybe with weakened sight and conciousness instead. Run past the cloud too much times and your colonist may need rescue ;D

Sigan

Whenever I use this mod, it makes my game unsavable.  I can play for a while, grow a few shrooms, get up and running but, when I save the game and try to load it again it crashes on load.  Crashing, in this case, means a psychedelic trip that could well have been coded in for this mod.  Either way, that's the only problem I have with it.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Sigan on May 24, 2015, 10:34:40 AM
Whenever I use this mod, it makes my game unsavable.  I can play for a while, grow a few shrooms, get up and running but, when I save the game and try to load it again it crashes on load.  Crashing, in this case, means a psychedelic trip that could well have been coded in for this mod.  Either way, that's the only problem I have with it.

Are you sure you're running the right version of both the game and the mod?
What other mods have you installed?
And have you made a new world, and a new colony, after installing this mod?
Because it simply should *not* do that.