[MOD] (Alpha 10) Caveworld flora (V10.0 29-04-2015)

Started by Rikiki, January 13, 2015, 05:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Oups, typo bug. :-[
Steps to correct it:

• Open the file RimWorld657Win\Mods\CaveworldFlora\Defs\ThingDefs\Plants_Wild_CavePlants.xml
  • Look for the lines <harvestMinGrowth>90</harvestMinGrowth>
  • For each of the 3 cave plants, replace 90 by 0.90 like this <harvestMinGrowth>0.90</harvestMinGrowth>

I will upload a correction tonight.
Thanks for the report! :)

Lightbulb500

Thanks for the quick response and fix!
I did have a look myself (by comparing the def file to one of the plant defs in the core game) but missed it!

All working well now :)

Igabod

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on January 15, 2015, 11:49:47 AM
Thanks for the quick response and fix!
I did have a look myself (by comparing the def file to one of the plant defs in the core game) but missed it!

All working well now :)

Hah! Funny little mistake. I actually don't even care if you can harvest them for anything. I just love the idea of having glowing mushrooms in caves. I'm actually going to dig into a mountain to play with this mod tonight when I play it. I never build underground bases anymore, but this mod is going to lure me back into the dirty stale air of dwarven living.

Rikiki

V1.1 is released.
Only a small typo correction in plant def (harvestMinGrowth).
You can now normally harvest these shiny plants once mature! :D

Noobshock

I hope we eventually get cave flora AND even some fauna in the final game ;)

pktongrimworld

Rikiki

Thank you all for your support guys! :)

Oups, forgot someone in the credit section... I added Igabod in the credits (this mod would never be born without his original idea!). :D

Amalfi

Hey! Your mod is awesome! I'm having an issue that seems to happen mostly when I mark a large batch of fungus to be harvested, but sometimes on its own.

"Tried to destroy already-destroyed thing GleamcapSporeSpawner139366"

Is this potentially a problem on my end? I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

Igabod

Quote from: Amalfi on January 16, 2015, 09:56:12 PM
Hey! Your mod is awesome! I'm having an issue that seems to happen mostly when I mark a large batch of fungus to be harvested, but sometimes on its own.

"Tried to destroy already-destroyed thing GleamcapSporeSpawner139366"

Is this potentially a problem on my end? I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

That's actually a bug with the core game itself that I have noticed several times since this alpha was released. I haven't been able to track it down and (reliably) replicate the issue so I haven't posted a bug report on it yet though.

Rikiki

Thanks for the report Amalfi.
This is not a core bug, this is just a modder bug! ;D
This means you tried to destroyed something (in this case a gleamcap spore spawner) while it has allready been destroyed. So you try to call sporeSpawner.Destroy() but the sporeSpawner object does no more exist (thus the bug!).

V1.2 with this little correction is released! :)

Igabod

Quote from: Rikiki on January 17, 2015, 03:58:30 AM
Thanks for the report Amalfi.
This is not a core bug, this is just a modder bug! ;D
This means you tried to destroyed something (in this case a gleamcap spore spawner) while it has allready been destroyed. So you try to call sporeSpawner.Destroy() but the sporeSpawner object does no more exist (thus the bug!).

V1.2 with this little correction is released! :)

I've seen it happen with vanilla items as well. Or at least I thought I had.

Rikiki

Oh yes, I did saw it too when you play with the modders tool like fast ecology or ultra-fast speed. ;)
Apart from that, never happend to me.

Igabod

Quote from: Rikiki on January 17, 2015, 05:06:30 AM
Oh yes, I did saw it too when you play with the modders tool like fast ecology or ultra-fast speed. ;)
Apart from that, never happend to me.

Ah, it must be the ultra-fast speed thing. I always use that. Never used fast ecology.

Lightbulb500

I've been getting these errors recently.

They haven't affected gameplay but they are logged a lot.

Edit: Should also say this is on a new world, new colony and with the latest version

[attachment deleted due to age]