[MOD] (Alpha 10) Caveworld flora (V10.0 29-04-2015)

Started by Rikiki, January 13, 2015, 05:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Thanks for the report. :)
V1.3 is released and should correct this bug with another minor one.
I suspect that starting a new colony is mandatory for this correction but this small bug should not force you to abandon your current colony. :D

Lightbulb500

Thanks for the quick update!  :)

Will try it out tomorrow

Delete_Repeat

I am having an issue with the flora. For some reason all the mushrooms look like 4x4 squares. They all have correct colours and glow. But the mushroom its self are squares... I started a new colony, maybe its my load order?

BinaryBlackhole

Normal Rim world has a way to make soil make a way to make natural stone floors so you can cultivate these plants.

Rikiki

@Delete_Repeat: you have not restarted your game after activating the mod. ;) Just save, quit the game and reload your save, everything will be allright.

@BinaryBlackhole: when mining, the floor is "rough-hewn" which allows mushrooms to growth. Only smoothed or built floors (wood, metal tile, concrete) cannot support mushies.

jabbamonkey

Love the mod. I recreated the graphics for the mod. I wasn't a fan of how the "farmed" mushrooms looked too much like the growing mushrooms, so I put the "harvested" mushrooms in a bad (and the healing mushroom on a bandage wrap. 

millenium

i love this mod but it makes the game way too easy. then again i do extensive mining so i may have larger cultivation caves then other people do.
unfortunately i can't think of a good way to balance this as it is a viable food source though.

Rikiki

Thanks jabbamonkey! :)
I will embed you textures in the next version so people can choose which one to use. I like the bag and bandages but I still prefer Shinzy's more "natural" looking mushies.

@millenium: Yep, I noticed this is too easy. I can tweak it for Alpha 9: increased growth duration.
I may also add some hostile plants but this will take more time and I am working on other fun projects. ::)

Igabod

Quote from: Rikiki on February 16, 2015, 02:31:30 PM
Thanks jabbamonkey! :)
I will embed you textures in the next version so people can choose which one to use. I like the bag and bandages but I still prefer Shinzy's more "natural" looking mushies.

@millenium: Yep, I noticed this is too easy. I can tweak it for Alpha 9: increased growth duration.
I may also add some hostile plants but this will take more time and I am working on other fun projects. ::)

I've played with this mod active quite a lot now, and I can say that it definitely needs some balancing. The mushrooms pop up a bit too quickly. They grow way too fast (especially the medical use one). And the harvested item definitely needs a different texture than the growing plants.

Aside from those minor critiques there is nothing else to say about this mod except that I'm in love with it. Though you probably already knew that.

Leif

There are major problems with this mod. The plants spread far too rapidly. Within a month or two they will completely overwhelm any non-lit area.  Far faster than your colonists can handle. Even with five starting colonists, my base becomes a mishmash of brightly colored fungus. Smoothing stone doesn't necessarily work, because they spread to tiles like sand, soil, etc.   Any cave tunnels you mine out immediately are overrun with the fungus. Forget about tweaking growth durations -- you need to fix it from becoming a kudzu-like menace that completely takes over the entire map within a year.  Why does it even spread like that?  Just let it spawn naturally and allow colonists to plant it where they want.

Also, the sprite/tile for the fungus has an annoying glitch -- it gets replaced with several square blocks that seem to be miniature versions of the plasteel bed from vanilla. It does this regardless of whether you clean install, restart your game after loading mods, etc.  It does this after zooming in to a certain level.

Frustrating, because this adds a DF-like element that is nice, and the glow is a nice touch when mixed with the Darkness mod, but in it's current state it's unusable and unplayable. 

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

olvido

Quote from: Leif on February 17, 2015, 04:57:07 AM
There are major problems with this mod. The plants spread far too rapidly. Within a month or two they will completely overwhelm any non-lit area.  Far faster than your colonists can handle. Even with five starting colonists, my base becomes a mishmash of brightly colored fungus. Smoothing stone doesn't necessarily work, because they spread to tiles like sand, soil, etc.   Any cave tunnels you mine out immediately are overrun with the fungus. Forget about tweaking growth durations -- you need to fix it from becoming a kudzu-like menace that completely takes over the entire map within a year.  Why does it even spread like that?  Just let it spawn naturally and allow colonists to plant it where they want.

Also, the sprite/tile for the fungus has an annoying glitch -- it gets replaced with several square blocks that seem to be miniature versions of the plasteel bed from vanilla. It does this regardless of whether you clean install, restart your game after loading mods, etc.  It does this after zooming in to a certain level.

Frustrating, because this adds a DF-like element that is nice, and the glow is a nice touch when mixed with the Darkness mod, but in it's current state it's unusable and unplayable.

I suggest you to read first, older posts can help you, and for you final quote this mode its playable and usable dont degrade other peoples works because you dont like the CURRENT VERSION of this mod.

sorry if i misunderstand your post but complains and suggestions are to different things cheers and good luck reading  ;) 

Dragoon

Yeah.. you have to restart the game when ever you go into mods otherwise it bugs out :p
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Rikiki

Updated for Alpha 9.
I will soon add a link with JabbaMonkey nice alternative textures. Thanks mate! :)

lude

Such a beautiful mod.
Also I'm completely okay with it being full of invasive species, would even love to see a hard version where some are dangerous to be near (to varying degree, from positive/bad hallucinations to infections and other things, perhaps mobs spawning from super rare cave plants)

Thanks for this great aesthetic depth adding mod.