[A9) Snappy Dresser. v0.5 (2015-2-22)

Started by Belae, January 13, 2015, 05:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belae

Snappy Dresser

Description:
This mod adds a small Dresser which allows you to change the colour of you pawns apparel. At the moment it's pretty basic and the interface is terrible,  but it does what I wanted for now.  Depending how it's received and if I have time I'll be adding 'uniforms' (set colours so all your power armours can be easily changed to match!) and maybe a hair stylist machine of some description.  I hope you enjoy.

The Dresser can be found under Furniture.

Possible further features
A better interface.
Uniforms.
Hair styling.

Change log:
== v0.5 ==
Update for A9.

== v0.4 ==
Added RGB Textfields for easier editing.

== v0.3 ==
Added in scroll bar to make it compatible with Apparello.
UI looks a little nicer maybe?

== v0.2 ==
Added a colour palette thingy and some pre-set colours.
Can now change a pawns entire outfit to a single colour.

Authors
Belae

Special thanks to mrofa for the use of the graphic from the mod clutter

Download
http://tiny.cc/Dresser

temporaryname

Really good idea !
I definitely keep an eyes on it :)
I 'm a "perfectionist" and i love when all my pawn's armor has a same color :x
Especially for hair.. 3/4 girls have a boys hairstyles :/

Well.. Thx for the work :)
And i am looking forward to seeing more.

Killaim

does it change all clothes ? or can you pick which colors individual get?

Belae

Shinzy

Belly! I flippin love you
or.. well your dresser anyway! ;D this is exactly what I've been wanting to see in rimworld
(don't have to dance around so much with materials for some dash of colour)

holy cow
and do set variety of preset colours, please *nod*

edit:
Oh I hesitate to even suggestimate anything like this cause I lack the knowhow about all the limitations and so in what can or can not be done outside the xml files but
would a colour wheel/'colour picker pie thing' be possible? or are the three sliders the absolute "it's gotta be this way or bust" thing
Just thought I'd try! there's never anything so best that it couldn't be bestened upon =P
I mean just look at skullywag! that man's a spitting image of something with room for improvement

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

BajtMe

Belae

I'm glad people have found it useful.

I've added in a colour picker to replace the slidey things and palette of preset colours I hope you enjoy.

Igabod

Screenshots would be nice. I like the idea of it. It makes it easier to color code your colonists according to their jobs or skill with shooting or whatever your needs might be on any given colony.

Belae

Oh right yes,  good idea.

Here we have the right click/float menu.

Here is the colour picker.

Here is a result :)

Igabod

StalkerCZ

Project Armory v1.17
Project Catering v1.3

Shinzy

Ayoo Belly!

I've come across a small problem (it's not really *your* problem and or fault but..)
well! anyhow some idiot made a mod that adds tons of clothing you can stack on your colonists and the dresser window isn't large enough to show them all

I can't recolour my hat and goggles without dropping something else first
so I just wanted to ask if you'd have time/and/or/skill to add a scrollbar on the side

I can't expect you to make this work with every possible other mod so I feel none too good about asking for it .. but it never hurts to ask riiight? usually it tickles *tickles* Kooochie koochie coooo!!!

bullet

also faced such problem. Try to use a dresser several times, apparel for repainting may vary