[A12] RimEffect (22-08-2015 v25) A12 Update

Started by Latta, January 13, 2015, 07:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: urty5656 on January 21, 2015, 10:13:40 AM
Noted. Are they still too weak compared to their price? Except Avenger, I'm aware of Avenger now; will have to increase damage to 14 to match R4 Charge Rifle while being more long ranged and accurate.

The predator,phalanx,tempest,scimitar and locust seem a bit underpowerd for their price. (look at pump shotgun and compare it to the scimitar and it's not better the pump because the pump does more dmg,shorter cool down and has more range)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Latta

Quote from: Dragoon on January 21, 2015, 11:26:43 AM
The predator,phalanx,tempest,scimitar and locust seem a bit underpowerd for their price. (look at pump shotgun and compare it to the scimitar and it's not better the pump because the pump does more dmg,shorter cool down and has more range)

Thank you, really helpful! And so there shall be a version 12a. Looking forward to see any more feedbacks.

This version is a minor patch, which doesn't contain any kind of new weapons or things. It only changes some numbers. Although, those numbers may quite big. To me, at least.

Note:
I'm not sure about Scimitar yet. It fires two shots in burst, but does it worth less damage(about 2 points less than Pump Shotgun per shot, you should hit it all to be more powerful) and worse mobility, because it can fire twice fast? For mobility, burst shot means delayed movement, because Pawns can't move before they shoot every bursts they have. I at least made it to have a range of 17, which is further than Pump by 1.
But should I make it a single-shot more-powerful shotgun instead of its current style?

Dragoon

Quote from: urty5656 on January 24, 2015, 10:49:27 AM
Thank you, really helpful! And so there shall be a version 12a. Looking forward to see any more feedbacks.

This version is a minor patch, which doesn't contain any kind of new weapons or things. It only changes some numbers. Although, those numbers may quite big. To me, at least.

Note:
I'm not sure about Scimitar yet. It fires two shots in burst, but does it worth less damage(about 2 points less than Pump Shotgun per shot, you should hit it all to be more powerful) and worse mobility, because it can fire twice fast? For mobility, burst shot means delayed movement, because Pawns can't move before they shoot every bursts they have. I at least made it to have a range of 17, which is further than Pump by 1.
But should I make it a single-shot more-powerful shotgun instead of its current style?

Not the double shot with slightly less dmg is fine.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Guardian

This mod is awesome. When i saw the preview video i almost cried. The weapons have the original sound effects is the best part. The problematic part is probably "balance" because ME weapons are more powerful and technologically advanced than RimWorld ones but i guess it is up to you urty. I got to ask though, are you going to add things other than weapons? Like armor, security mechs, mannable/sentry turret. If not...oh well still great to have some Mass Effect stuff to play with. Thank you for this.

Latta

Quote from: Guardian on January 25, 2015, 03:58:21 AM
This mod is awesome. When i saw the preview video i almost cried. The weapons have the original sound effects is the best part. The problematic part is probably "balance" because ME weapons are more powerful and technologically advanced than RimWorld ones but i guess it is up to you urty. I got to ask though, are you going to add things other than weapons? Like armor, security mechs, mannable/sentry turret. If not...oh well still great to have some Mass Effect stuff to play with. Thank you for this.

Oh my, thank you! Hope you enjoy this.

First, yes, I'm planning to add Cerberus as a hidden faction, which uses modified Scyther and long range artillery mech. But not sure for now, having some troubles and difficulties.
Armor? uh...no. Reasons: I'm not good at drawing, and I already have Apparello. There are plenty already.
Sentry gun? Sure. Mannable turret? Mounted heavy weapons would be good.
If I have any chance, than ammo upgrades(Incendiary, warp, AP, cryo, disruptor...) of guns will be added too.

Second, ME's universe should be treated as advanced Glitterworlds, of course. But making a "real" advanced-glitter-weapons would make these too overpowered and, like, super hyper expensive. So, I'm trying to make it just a slightly powerful than vanilla plasma weapons, instead of much more powerful. This explains why they are some spacer tech weapons, not ultra ones. But feedbacks are welcome

Guardian

I am a real **** when it comes to ME weapon balance so not going to touch that. Sentry turret on the other hand, i always wanted the Cerberus sentry but BioWare ****** it up along with a lot other things.

ME3 had a mannable heavy turret but someone would have to make the textures.
As for the faction, Blue Suns or Eclipse mercs/pirates instead of Cerberus (personal opinion) but again armor textures.
Those damn textures/graphics.
To make ammo mods a thing wouldn't it require added functionality from the developer like weapon crafting and moddig/customizing?

Latta

Quote from: Guardian on January 25, 2015, 10:39:07 AM
I am a real **** when it comes to ME weapon balance so not going to touch that. Sentry turret on the other hand, i always wanted the Cerberus sentry but BioWare ****** it up along with a lot other things.
(image)
ME3 had a mannable heavy turret but someone would have to make the textures.
As for the faction, Blue Suns or Eclipse mercs/pirates instead of Cerberus (personal opinion) but again armor textures.
Those damn textures/graphics.
To make ammo mods a thing wouldn't it require added functionality from the developer like weapon crafting and moddig/customizing?
Crafting. Avenger + (Unknown material) = AP Avenger. Yes, recipe things are going to be a lot mess, I know... so there shouldn't be all ammo types for all guns. Or, I hope there is a way to integrate some codes for each gun that can be right clicked on colonists' gear and select ammo to transform it into something? Without unequipping it.
I prefer Cerberus because they use mechs, or "modified" human, so I don't have to make separate armors. Mercs are great idea, but as you pointed out, textures.
But anyway, I have to make one more shotgun for now.

Guardian

So mechs... something like MAI with shooting skill only?
If i remember correctly next game version will have personal shields, not kinetic barrier but functions the same way.

Latta

Updated to 12b. This is a minor patch, with some small difference.

• Added Polish language support. Please look at credit. Thank you for your translation.
  • Scimitar now uses vanilla bullet texture for now.
  • Scimitar now fires only one shot, instead of two burst. It got some buffs too.
Read changelog.txt for details.

Latta

Updated to 20.
Checkout this small video for sound changes. Also, Claymore and Hurricane will fire multiple pellets now! Credits to Combat Realism(A8)'s shotgun.

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Latta

Just updated to v21.

New gun: Shuriken, cheaper SMG and Revenant, first LMG on this mod ;)
Also, I've rebalanced again using 'calculated balance table'. I hope the balance is much better now.

And, well.. Tech Shield got its unique sound now... A new faction? They are meant to be powerful, but not tested on real game yet so please give me some feedbacks if you are going to use it. It's really small, made of just two XMLs. Nothing special.

Latta

Dragoon

Latta

Quote from: Dragoon on February 27, 2015, 10:26:12 PM
Will you be adding in any more ME weapons?
I'm a big fan of Cerberus' white-yellow weapons. So my priorities are:

Raptor for sniper rifle, Talon for heavy pistol, Hornet for SMG. For a shotgun, maybe Graal.