[Mod][ALPHA8] Better Beacons - Auto Stockpile creation - JuliaEllie (13.01.2014)

Started by JuliaEllie, January 13, 2015, 03:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Igabod on January 22, 2015, 06:11:27 PM
Quote from: Rimworld Change Log
Jan 22

Added command to make trade beacon automatically generate a matching stockpile.

Jan 15

Items can write their quality on the map the same way they can write stack count.

Tynan keeps incorporating your mods into the game. I bet you have mixed emotions about that don't you? I had mixed emotions when he put pine trees into the vanilla game and I had to take them out of my mod.

Yeah mixed feelings it is.. But hey I gotta deal with it thats what you get when you mod an alpha game :D

Quote from: Dragoon on January 22, 2015, 09:50:47 PM
LOL hey i have a question I know it makes a spot but can I expand on it? (I mean by adding zone does the range of the trade beacon extend?)

Yes

Quote from: numne0r on January 22, 2015, 11:56:18 PM
!!!!Bug report!!!!

if I delete or make any modification to the zone within the beacon, all changes reset when game is reloaded.

example: beacon is close to internal structure (beacon zone spawns extending inside my rooms to cover the circular area) so I manually trim them. when I reload my game all changes are reset. and the beacon zones are back to leaking inside my buildings/structure.

Hmm I will look into that eventually but since that functionality was added to the base game this mod will die anyways woth the next Alpha. Thanks for the report.

skullywag

id take it as the highest form of praise a modder can get. The fact that its happening to you all the time....god job keep it up...now you have more time to go make more awesome.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

Shouldn't make mods that fix flaws in the game, then Jellie =P
*poke*

Yas

Guess both is true. Its for sure an approval of the idea (I doubt he copy paste the code... but I dunno tho). Still, couldnt harm to say thx and give a pat on the back. Just implement it improves the game, but the honor is a bit a silent one.

SilverDragon

Oh oh oh! Juliaellie! I have a teeny weeny request for ye if you have the time for it! ;D Would it be too much to ask if you could make a similiar mod to Better Beacons, except that its a zone tool? Two new zone tools with fixed sizes, one for stockpile, one for growing zones, to cover the beacon and sunlamp? :) I really want to add that into the quality potato I'm making! Also Caerbannog.

Rock5

Quote from: numne0r on January 22, 2015, 11:56:18 PM
!!!!Bug report!!!!

if I delete or make any modification to the zone within the beacon, all changes reset when game is reloaded.

example: beacon is close to internal structure (beacon zone spawns extending inside my rooms to cover the circular area) so I manually trim them. when I reload my game all changes are reset. and the beacon zones are back to leaking inside my buildings/structure.

Good. This has been reported.

As a temporary fix, if you haven't already figured it out, you can make another stockpile where you don't want the beacon stockpile to extend. Then if you want that space to remain empty just use "Clear all" in it's list.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Shaav

Love this mod --- so useful!

One minor thing though --- I like my compounds :) so I often have to trim the stockpile to fit in some odd shape.  Which works fine; still easier to have the stock pile and delete some things than the other way around. But every time I reload the game, the parts I deleted get recreated.

Edit: Doh! Should have read through the whole thing to see everyone has already mentioned this. Sorry to be redundant.  In case someone else hasn't suggested it (perhaps they have in which case I'll just add my support) it would b great if you checked for nearby roofs too when creating the stockpile. So demanding we are! :)

frenchiveruti

Well, hello!
I found this mod very useful, i came only to report a bug that's already been reported, so by now, I've fixed the problem with adding more zones, and making them invisible, but it would be great to don't have to do that.

JuliaEllie

Thgank you very much guys. This is because the beacon creates the stockpile every time it spawns. There is not much I can do about this. Sorry.

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 23, 2015, 03:36:39 AM

Yeah mixed feelings it is.. But hey I gotta deal with it thats what you get when you mod an alpha game :D

Don't feel mixed!

Think this way:
You created an optional mod so awesome that the creator of the game thought, "That needs to be permanent." Know that your work has affected the game that thousands of people currently play, and that tens of thousands more (if not hundreds of thousands more) will experience in the future.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Voideka

Well I guess it doesn't matter now that it's going to be added to the game, but I have a weird bug. I don't know if it's because I didn't put down a trade beacon yet, but I keep getting random trade beacon shaped stockpiles placed all over my base.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Voideka on February 05, 2015, 12:31:15 AM
Well I guess it doesn't matter now that it's going to be added to the game, but I have a weird bug. I don't know if it's because I didn't put down a trade beacon yet, but I keep getting random trade beacon shaped stockpiles placed all over my base.

Oh thats interesting. Ive never seen/heard this one before :D
I dont have a solution but I admire the problem

ManWithNoName

Quote from: Voideka on February 05, 2015, 12:31:15 AM

I get this, the traders drop their beacons then leave a stockpile behind getting annoying, specially when it auto expands a stock pile you already have.

Here is an example 2 traders lol http://imgur.com/a/D696H#0

JuliaEllie

Well this actually shouldnt happen at all. Looks like Haplo spawns the Trade Beacon Def. :D

skullywag

Does he spawn it with a faction set, if not you could target the faction of colony.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?