stone floors should be "stuffified"

Started by woolfoma, January 13, 2015, 05:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolfoma

why are there like 5 different floorings for stone blocks, wasn't the stuff system suppose to make that never occur again?
maybe he forgot to get that into this version of rimworld or something but I havn't seen a peep from him about it in the changelog.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

milon

+1

However, a floor is not currently a Thing so it can't have Stuff.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Tynan
I don't really understand. How would a floor have a stuff? It's not a Thing.

A notorious quote from Tynan, stating why the floors are like that.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Enjoyment

It's not, but the piont of TS (i mean "topic starter", not Tynan Sylvester  :)) that it should be. And i agree. Cause then, the old floorings can be deconstructed  before placing new one. And "Stone floor" with material list looks more logic than 5 differnent icons as we have now. Also, if it become thing, we could build multi-layers floors. First, smooth the rough stone (it must become necessary for building the floorings), then place a wooden/metal/stone basic floor, and above it - some pretty carpets...
But it's just mine vision. And if TS (yeap, this time it's Tynan) has a different point of view - I'll must shut up, and be happy for what he got for us all.
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

JimmyAgnt007

Id like to see concrete use stone instead of metal, and the stuff it is made of decides its shade? 

milon

@Enjoyment, I like that.  I'd love for a Floor to be made of Stuff, and it just makes sense to have to smooth a floor before you can lay down wood/marble/etc.

StorymasterQ

Alternative title for this post: "Floors, get Stuffed!"
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ItchyFlea

Floors that can be deconstructed you say?

EDIT3: And here we go. Working stuffed floors. The stuffed floors can only be built on Smooth Stone or Concrete.
Download: "Floors, get Stuffed!"

The below details the adventure I just had:
Well, I gave it a go. Results were, interesting... Not to mention visually annoying, seeing as grass thought it was perfectly normal to be growing through a solid wood floor...
http://i.imgur.com/7EXDrZP.jpg

Ultimately this isn't something I'd be able to do. At least not within 30 minutes.
Maybe if I spent some more time...

Sorry, no download available for the failed attempt.

EDIT: After re-reading Enjoyment's post, what he described as how to build this flooring can be done, as I just did it in a quick test...
The flooring in the test can only be built on either concrete or smoothed stone floors. (Probably things other than concrete as well, but that's the one I tested.)
EDIT2: So I went ahead and made the mod so that the floors can only be built on Smooth Stone or Concrete. The problem is that you can't build anything on the floors, or build them under anything...

[attachment deleted due to age]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Evelyn

What would the world do without you, ItchyFlea?

Probably bug Tynan...