[Mod] (Alpha 9) Haul Priority Designator (v.1.0.2)

Started by Gaesatae, January 14, 2015, 08:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaesatae

I've just found and probably fixed a bug. Not sure why but it looks like the mod may have been blocking the hauling of weapons dropped from raiders sometimes.

If have any issues download v 1.0.2 on the first post.

Edit (02/03/15): Some people are still reporting this problem on rare occasions. If you find it continuously or very frequently, try changing the mod load order and let me know.

Dr. Z

Hell yeah how often I wished this, in fact I wrote it just today in the cheapest ideas blog. Thank you.

Do you think you would be able to create a mod to forbid an item only for hauling? E.g. if you have a mined-out mine (yeah...) next to a building site, you want to forbid it to haul but your builders should use it.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Gaesatae

Quote from: Dr. Z on February 19, 2015, 04:39:05 PM
Do you think you would be able to create a mod to forbid an item only for hauling? E.g. if you have a mined-out mine (yeah...) next to a building site, you want to forbid it to haul but your builders should use it.
AFAIK it would be a hell of a job to do. In your example, a construction work includes the hauling of items, so I would have to rewrite the construction job, the hauling job and find a way to tell the colonist to "see" a forbidden item. And do the same for every possible work type.

Too much work for something very specific that can only be used in few situations. Sorry.

Asfalto

Quote from: Gaesatae on February 19, 2015, 07:02:12 PM
Quote from: Dr. Z on February 19, 2015, 04:39:05 PM
AFAIK it would be a hell of a job to do. In your example, a construction work includes the hauling of items, so I would have to rewrite the construction job, the hauling job and find a way to tell the colonist to "see" a forbidden item. And do the same for every possible work type.

Too much work for something very specific that can only be used in few situations. Sorry.

It's something needed in the official release, not to be put in with a mod, to me.. it will eventually come

Dr. Z

Ok, my thought was that people that are unable to haul but can do other jobs like cooking or building where they need to collect materials can still do that despite being unable to do the "hauling"-job. I thought that could be utilised for that.
Prasie the Squirrel!

brobe94

Love the mod, but I think there is an issue when there are ppl / items stacked on top of each other , it will not unforbid the items underneath ... haven't tested this with the haul designator though.

brobe94

Quote from: brobe94 on February 26, 2015, 08:52:21 PM
Love the mod, but I think there is an issue when there are ppl / items stacked on top of each other , it will not unforbid the items underneath ... haven't tested this with the haul designator though.

Sorry, it seems that it does unforbid the underneath ones but not the ones on top of them.

Gaesatae

Yes, thats true
Quote from: brobe94 on February 26, 2015, 10:15:04 PM

Sorry, it seems that it does unforbid the underneath ones but not the ones on top of them.
Yes, it's true. In the case of the haul designator it is deliberate. I'm currently working on stockpile optimization, I'll try to fix the unforbid designator when I manage to rewrite the hauling jobdriver. Hopefully won't take long...

Zxypher

So I activated this mod and I'm getting an error in the console, I'm assuming it's a conflict with another mod but hoping maybe you could point me in the right direction.

Faction a mechanoid hive of def Mechanoid has no PawnGroupMakers that can generate for parms (points=267.4393)
Go no pawns spawning raid from parms (points=267.4393)

I don't know how to copy the detailed info :/

It goes away when I deactivate Priority Hauling.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Gaesatae

Zxypher, I can't think of any way Priority Hauling can interfere with raids or other mods affecting raids, the code doesn't go near that features of the game.

However, you may have run into a known vanilla bug: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10448.msg103356#msg103356

What may be happening is that the storyteller is trying to create a raid which is not big enough to generate a single mechanoid, therefore you get the message. Reloading the game will recalculate the next mechanoid raid and maybe you won't get this message again.

Zxypher

I see, thanks for clearing that up. I really appreciate it :)

Dr. Z

Really useful mod, but there are two things I would like to see added:
1.: A tool to forbid a group of items just as you can unforbid them in the mod.
2.: The ability to prioritize rock chunks for hauling too. If I do this it says "nothing to haul here" even if the chunks are marked for hauling.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Master Bucketsmith

MsMeiriona

Ugh, tough to play without this. It's just so simple you forget it's not part of vanilla

DDog