[Mod] (Alpha 9) Haul Priority Designator (v.1.0.2)

Started by Gaesatae, January 14, 2015, 08:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaesatae

Hauling Priority Designator

Description:
Adds a new designator in the Orders Tab. You can use this designator to make the colonist try to haul the designated things first, ignoring items not designated. Adds a designator to unforbid groups of items too.

Very useful when dealing with the cleanup after a raid, just unforbid everything and designate the items you want to be hauled first!

More Info:
The mod is savegame compatible and its compatible with EdB Interface. Should be compatible with other mods if they don't have their own designators.

When the colonist start a priority hauling job, it will only check for the designation of the first item. If he finds an item which stacks with the first item he will try to haul it regardless of the designation. Nothing I can do about it right now.

If you right click on a designated item there will be 2 hauling options. It appears to be a bug in the vanilla code.

02/03/15 - On rare occasions it has been reported that the weapons dropped from pirates will not be hauled and get a message saying there's no empty space configured to store it. I have not been able to find the origin of the issue, but closing the game and loading the save again will probably fix it. It may be a compatibility issue with EdB Interface related to mod load order. If you have this problem continuously or very frequently, please post it here and I'll do my best to correct it.

To Modders
Help yourself with the code as you wish. If you have any question, just ask. If you happen to take a look at the code, please tell me if you find any way to improve it. But be nice, this is my first mod ever, the first time I write code in 15 years, and last week I didn't know anything about C/C#.

Author:
Gaesatae

Download
( v.1.0.2) - Alpha 9 - DropBox Link
( v.0.9) - Alpha 8 - DropBox Link

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Kranth

Finally! :)

no more :
"Go fetch ALL the meals here."
"I found a metal rock!"
damnit....

Gaesatae

Exactly, that was the idea for this mod.

I was tired of my colononist taking the scenic route to the other edge of the map just to eat a single survival meal, and come back home empty handed. Damn, in some maps they were hungry again at the time they got back home!

Also, after a big fight I hated unforbidding every weapon one by one and looking how the colonist took ages to haul the most expensive things  when there was a trading ship around.

Patrykbono20

ok, but what working with stuff from others mods, which isnt in core ?

Gaesatae

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on February 08, 2015, 01:51:54 AM
ok, but what working with stuff from others mods, which isnt in core ?
It should work fine, this mod only looks for haulable things laying around, it doesn't matter what they are as long as they can be picked up.

ManWithNoName

Hey, i think it has issues with vein miner found here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9616.15 i admit i never fully checked and removed vein miner anyhow as i thought it was a little cheaty.

The issue:
They would both work fine with one another till you save and logged out of the game, then when you returned to your save game priority haul had vanished from the tool bar so you couldn't use it at all.

Gaesatae

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 08, 2015, 06:24:33 AM
The issue:
They would both work fine with one another till you save and logged out of the game, then when you returned to your save game priority haul had vanished from the tool bar so you couldn't use it at all.

I did expect to see issues with other mods using designators but it's funny how it happened... Anyway, I don't know if its possible to make two mods with designators work together, but if anyone is really interested I can look into it.

numen0r

Quote from: Gaesatae on February 09, 2015, 06:09:09 PM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 08, 2015, 06:24:33 AM
The issue:

yes please, I was about to post this issue. If there's anyway to use both, I'd be thankful.
I did expect to see issues with other mods using designators but it's funny how it happened... Anyway, I don't know if its possible to make two mods with designators work together, but if anyone is really interested I can look into it.

I hope you don't mind Gaesatae, but I made a patch for Haul Priority and Vein Miner.  You can find it here.  I include no resources from either mod, it's just a simple menu patch.  :)

btw, thanks for a great mod, really helpful when you are trying to build your defenses and the stupid pawns are running around gathering cloth instead of hauling rock chunks to create a defensive barrier.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.