Really?

Started by woolfoma, January 15, 2015, 12:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolfoma

Are you kidding me?
How did this one get into the game -_-

Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

JuliaEllie

Hilarious name :D Still I dont see the problem.

Evelyn

As far as I know, names are procedurally generated, not developer-defined, but that's hilarious.

It also leads to such things as a luxury goods trader named "The Best Company"

JuliaEllie

I even once had a "Industrial Lubricants - slave trader" :D

Tasty

This one made me laugh, then wonder if it was a user created colonist.

[attachment deleted due to age]

woolfoma

Quote from: Tasty on January 15, 2015, 01:04:09 AM
This one made me laugh, then wonder if it was a user created colonist.
press f10 to take screenshots :)
either way that's hilarious too.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

Evelyn

You know you can just take a screenshot, right? You don't need to physically take a photo of your monitor.

Ninja'd.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Evelyn on January 15, 2015, 01:06:03 AM
You know you can just take a screenshot, right? You don't need to physically take a photo of your monitor.

Ninja'd.

Well technically this IS a shot of the screen -> screenshot

Tasty

Of course I know how to take screenshots, but I texted this picture to someone and I'm currently on my phone so I had it ready to go.

JuliaEllie

Lesson learned today: people tend to project a meaning into stuff where there isnt a deeper meaning - never over interpret when there is nothing to interpret.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 15, 2015, 01:22:10 AM
Lesson learned today: people tend to project a meaning into stuff where there isnt a deeper meaning - never over interpret when there is nothing to interpret.

You mean, like that ISIS/Isis 'controversy' just a few days ago? :D lol, that was funny.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Evelyn

Yeah, people tend to read too far in to things. I blame the Tumblr-brand trend of political correctness.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 15, 2015, 01:43:40 AM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 15, 2015, 01:22:10 AM

You mean, like that ISIS/Isis 'controversy' just a few days ago? :D lol, that was funny.

Oh Isis controversity? Tell me more

Quote from: Evelyn on January 15, 2015, 01:44:34 AM
Yeah, people tend to read too far in to things. I blame the Tumblr-brand trend of political correctness.

Oh yes one of the many cancers we tend to have nowadays.

Evelyn

JuliaEllie

Aaaaawww too bad I didnt notice it earlier.. I was busy modding :'( Would have loved to start a good old fashioned flame war. Thanks for the link