[MOD] (Alpha 9) Floors, Get Stuffed! v1.0

Started by ItchyFlea, January 15, 2015, 01:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batpeter

The beauty on the flooring underneath interferes with the flooring on top of it. It all gets added up. Paved tile on concrete is only -2 (0+-2), while on marble it's 4 (0+4). Similarly wood on marble is +14 (10+4), etc. Now, since you can't remove some tiles, like smooth marble or concrete, it will almost always mess up the beauty ratings. This mod and beauty is incompatible. Might be difficult to fix if you can't change beauty ratings during gameplay.

disposadwarf

well there is the simple solution of simply adding 2 beauty to all the flooring, but you are right batpeter. atm i can really use this.

Batpeter

Unfortunately that's not the solution because you can have materials other than concrete as a base, like wood on smooth marble. You can even have more than 2 materials overlapping.

Didact04

A solution here would also be handy in the vanilla game, in which you get an ugly penalty for power cables, despite the fact that you built them inside of a wall and should not affect anything at all. But no, either the colonists left all the panels open and won't shut them or they have x-ray vision. Both are highly annoying.

I dislike that colonists are able to see what's inside of walls. And in this case, underneath flooring.

Andy_Dandy

" However you can only build the floors on either Smooth Stone or Concrete."

This I've been hoping for in the main game. Thank you for the mod, sir.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on March 13, 2015, 11:32:17 PM
" However you can only build the floors on either Smooth Stone or Concrete."

This I've been hoping for in the main game. Thank you for the mod, sir. Howevwer; it would have been Nice if concrete and smooth floor only gave a slight increase for movement, like 96%, so there were more reasons for real flooring after laying the foundations.

MechanoidHater

Anyone knows if this mod works with Alpha 10?

EDIT:Nevermind checked it myself. Turns every floor into sand.