[MOD] (Alpha 9) Floors, Get Stuffed! v1.0

Started by ItchyFlea, January 15, 2015, 01:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Floors, Get Stuffed! v1.0

Description:
This mod changes floors so that they use the stuff system. Floors can be built and deconstructed at will. However you can only build the floors on either Smooth Stone or Concrete.
I made this after having an epiphany while reading this thread: stone floors should be "stuffified"
The name is from StorymasterQ.

Mod Team:
Download:

[attachment deleted due to age]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

JuliaEllie

I know something else that has to be stuffed

ItchyFlea

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 15, 2015, 01:05:14 AM
Does it happen to involve a certain something that interfered with your creation of that Prefab Building mod?
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

JuliaEllie

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 15, 2015, 01:11:40 AM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 15, 2015, 01:05:14 AM
Does it happen to involve a certain something that interfered with your creation of that Prefab Building mod?

You mean like the broken minifiedThing code?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 15, 2015, 01:02:09 AM
The name is from StorymasterQ.

Well, I'll be damned. Damned by a Basement Cat. Which is one of the best damnation possible, I suppose.

Glad you like the name :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Enjoyment

O_o, Itchy, you're a really psychotic one! ;) But you have my respect!
And what 'bout
Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 14, 2015, 11:38:38 PM
The problem is that you can't build anything on the floors, or build them under anything...
? Did you solve this?
And one more thing - how much floors can be built one over another?
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Enjoyment on January 15, 2015, 02:08:48 AM
O_o, Itchy, you're a really psychotic one! ;) But you have my respect!
And what 'bout
Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 14, 2015, 11:38:38 PM
The problem is that you can't build anything on the floors, or build them under anything...
? Did you solve this?
And one more thing - how much floors can be built one over another?
Yeah I fixed that. I wouldn't have released this otherwise.

The stuff floors cannot be built on top of each other. You need to deconstruct the existing floor before building a new one.
The only permanent floors which can be built on top of are floors that are present when the colony is first generated, concrete and smoothed stone.

Coenmcj

This modding community mate... It's so awesome I might start crashing my computer from the utter number of mods running.

Nice job on this one, looks like another mod onto the already huge list.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Enjoyment

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 15, 2015, 05:35:32 AM
The stuff floors cannot be built on top of each other. You need to deconstruct the existing floor before building a new one.
The only permanent floors which can be built on top of are floors that are present when the colony is first generated, concrete and smoothed stone.

Oh, i get (not entirely and almost not at all, but i will try it by myself, and then...). It's a pitty that I can't build carpets over wooden floors, but it's a great mod. Thx, man. (you're a man, right? i don't want to be confused that way)

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Enjoyment on January 15, 2015, 05:51:13 AM
Oh, i get (not entirely and almost not at all, but i will try it by myself, and then...). It's a pitty that I can't build carpets over wooden floors, but it's a great mod. Thx, man. (you're a man, right? i don't want to be confused that way)
You could try building carpet over wood floors, but I wouldn't recommend it.

And yes, I'm a man.

Enjoyment

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 15, 2015, 06:15:53 AM

And yes, I'm a man.

Now i just must try it. And, again, you're a man)

OldVamp

now we just need those piers so we can build over shallow water and marshy areas *rubs hands together evily*  ;D
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

Enjoyment

I guess, first version of Itchy's stuffed floors (with grass grow through it) could became a pier easily. Its only my guess...

Enjoyment

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 15, 2015, 06:15:53 AM
I just get home and tried this out (even not setting of my boots) - and nothing happens... I mean nothing catastrophic - it works well... Onle one moment - when i tried to deconstruct it - my colonist deconstruct wooden floor first and then (after second deconstruction job) - the carpet... I'll take a peak to xmls to see why so, but your thoughts will be more useful)
And I love it (not the issue, but the mod)...

UPD: Oh, I started to get this "I wouldn't recommend it" part - it really weird to build one floor over another... some of them are built above, and some - under... and as i can figure - the count limit is... four?.. will be figuiring out deeper...

UPD2: Nope, there is no cap... You can built every type of floor in one single square, but they have some "show-priority" (metal on bottom-wooden-blue carpet-green one-red one-paved tile on top)and some order in deconstruction (which i just can get)... Going deeper again...

UPD3: Oh, crap... I was wrong in "show priority" - even can't say what's exactly wrong... their order is just... hmm... wait a minute... they are... psychotic?.. Maybe they should be?..

Eredas1

With the mod you can remove the floors of a old colony? if in my colony i already have a room with wood floor, can i just keep it without use concrete and put the wood again?  ;D