[MOD] (Alpha 9) Floors, Get Stuffed! v1.0

Started by ItchyFlea, January 15, 2015, 01:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enjoyment

not sure... i test it on clean new colony, and i havent old vanilla savegames...
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Enjoyment

Quote from: OldVamp on January 15, 2015, 08:12:12 AM
now we just need those piers so we can build over shallow water and marshy areas *rubs hands together evily*  ;D
something like that?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Eredas1 on January 15, 2015, 12:31:44 PM
With the mod you can remove the floors of a old colony? if in my colony i already have a room with wood floor, can i just keep it without use concrete and put the wood again?  ;D

You can't remove floors that already exist in the world before this mod was activated.
Technically this mod isn't changing the existing floors, but is instead adding new ones. The 'vanilla' floors are still in the game, just inaccessible.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

OldVamp

It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

Enjoyment

Hate to say it, but i can't do it. Must change some code, and im not even started to learn the basics of this modding-side. For now it could be made as a mod (just as i did for the screenshot), but it will be incompitable with any other... (
Maybe, Itchy knows - is there an easy way to add one new terrain <affordances> type (light/hard/growsoil/etc)?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Enjoyment on January 15, 2015, 04:10:16 PM
Hate to say it, but i can't do it. Must change some code, and im not even started to learn the basics of this modding-side. For now it could be made as a mod (just as i did for the screenshot), but it will be incompitable with any other... (
Maybe, Itchy knows - is there an easy way to add one new terrain <affordances> type (light/hard/growsoil/etc)?

I don't know.
I suggest looking at the mod that adds piers to the game and see what they did to get theirs working.
Alternatively you could use the "Any" affordance. That should allow placement on water.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

harpo99999

just had a quck look at the g corp fising piers(from a7), and they added a couple of new terrains (fishing pier floor water and fishing pier marsh)

OldVamp

building over water / marsh would likely be a bit more involved, would have to make sure you could also build everything else over those terrains once the 'pier' had been placed, not just the floor.
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 15, 2015, 06:15:53 AM
Quote from: Enjoyment on January 15, 2015, 05:51:13 AM
Oh, i get (not entirely and almost not at all, but i will try it by myself, and then...). It's a pitty that I can't build carpets over wooden floors, but it's a great mod. Thx, man. (you're a man, right? i don't want to be confused that way)
You could try building carpet over wood floors, but I wouldn't recommend it.

And yes, I'm a man.

For the sake of truth, mon, are you a man, a cat, or a flea? (relevant link)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ItchyFlea

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 15, 2015, 09:17:47 PM
I'm a male cat with fleas that make me itchy.

Igabod

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 15, 2015, 09:29:40 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 15, 2015, 09:17:47 PM
I'm a male cat with fleas that make me itchy.

I personally think he's actually a psychotic squirrel posing as a male cat with fleas that make him itchy.

Enjoyment

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 15, 2015, 04:34:29 PM
I don't know.
How it can be possible?
I suggest looking at the mod that adds piers to the game and see what they did to get theirs working.
Hmm, searched through forums, and didn't find this mod... Could you link me?
Alternatively you could use the "Any" affordance. That should allow placement on water.
Don't think "any" is a good idea, but i'll try it...

ItchyFlea

Enjoyment

many thxs... feel a little dumb for not searching "pier" without "s"...)

ItchyFlea

This works in Alpha 9d as is without any changes required.