Rimworld changelog from 14, Jan

Started by Enjoyment, January 15, 2015, 02:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enjoyment

Subject:
Jan 14
Reworked the ‘do until you have X’ option on bills; it now works for more bills and shows the number you currently have.
It is no longer to possible to create or have non-contiguous zones.
Misc bugfixes.

I have to admit the last string...
Misc bugfixes. Yeap, there's no addition "and adjustments" and it still "misc" not "various", but...

You know what it means? :D
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Mystic

Quote from: Enjoyment on January 15, 2015, 02:35:47 AM
Subject:
Jan 14
It is no longer to possible to create or have non-contiguous zones.

Whereas I have to admit that I was briefly unhappy about the above item, as I quite regularly create non-contiguous zones on purpose in order to (for example) leave a small gap for a doorway for colonists to pass through unimpeded with storage of the same type on either side of the path.  However, I guess I can just create two separate stockpiles of the same type in that case, though I don't understand the rationale of removing non-continguous stockpiles as an option.  (Perhaps it caused problems for colonist pathfinding or something like that.)

Enjoyment

Oh, this topic isn't about any changes/addition in this day. It's about one single line i mentioned...
For non-contiguous zones, the whine was spread around two or three other topics, and I think, you don't need to be upset too early) Tynan will gladly surprise you with the release, as always...

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Enjoyment on January 15, 2015, 11:32:59 AM
you don't need to be upset too early
I don't? Oops. :P

I'm hoping that line also means what you think it means. But there isn't really any way to know until it starts becoming the predominant thing he's posting on the changelog.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Barney372

do you really think we are *that close*? i for one think there is more to bring to it myself, but then i HAVE only been playing just over 24 hrs

Mystic

Quote from: Barney372 on January 15, 2015, 02:58:27 PM
do you really think we are *that close*? i for one think there is more to bring to it myself, but then i HAVE only been playing just over 24 hrs

He just means that we may be getting close to another alpha release, not the final release by any means.  When one starts seeing "misc bug fixes" in the changelog for a number of days in a row, that is often an indicator that a new alpha release is a matter of no more than a few weeks away.  Which brings us back to the original topic, with it now being two days in a row and counting ... *squee*  :)

harpo99999

and for the SECOND day there is a misc fixes (and adjustments), so my wild and near useless guess is perhaps another alpha within a couple of weeks to a month

Darth Fool

I predict a new alpha release within a few days...maybe a week...a couple of weeks max...no more than a month...Seriously within 6 months we will have a new release and absolutely before next year...

Utherix

Quote from: Darth Fool on January 15, 2015, 05:39:34 PM
I predict a new alpha release within a few days...maybe a week...a couple of weeks max...no more than a month...Seriously within 6 months we will have a new release and absolutely before next year...

Have you considered that Tynan may get his hands on a time machine, in which case, the next version could release in the past? I don't think we should rule that out.

Tynan

I'm planning on doing some fixes then some more feature adding. So don't hold your breath, I'm afraid. Next alpha doesn't have a whiz-bang feature yet.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mystic

Quote from: Tynan on January 15, 2015, 09:52:09 PM
I'm planning on doing some fixes then some more feature adding. So don't hold your breath, I'm afraid. Next alpha doesn't have a whiz-bang feature yet.

Oh, no worries about that, to be sure ... I haven't explored even a fraction of the possibilities of the last alpha yet. Mostly I was just having a little fun with the *squee*, hehe.  Take the time to do it right, as I already know you will!

Edit: "power switch"!  Yeah!

Enjoyment

Don't take away our dreams, Tynan... Your community (well, maybe a part of it, including me) is like a baby with two big candies, who can't decide which one must be eaten first. We all want more new features for upcoming alpha, and all want it will be released "'till I finish my work for today and get back home"...

And, seriously, take the time you need. This thread was just for fun.

evrett33

Next alpha doesn't have a whiz-bang feature yet.
I was about to ask about this. We dont have a core feature to this version yet. Lots of combat changes in the changelog so if I were guessing on a theme for the whizbang feature I'd go some new dimension to combat. 'Coarse if I were given a vote it would be either a colony commander job/noble class system or general diplomacy improvements.

milon

I think we've got some good diplomacy stuff now (healing friendly visitors), so I'd vote for being able to trade with friendly factions.

christhekiller

This seems like the "Add the stuff the people have been begging for most" Alpha