Callie Problemes

Started by Robitski, November 09, 2013, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robitski

So, a less aggressive storyteller was added and overall the AI was fixed a bit. So I started a game, all went well until, again, the third wave came. Eight raiders, almost all of whom are assassins. I have three turrets, two outside and one inside my underground base. As you can imagine, I got fucked over pretty quickly.

I know it's still early dev. etc etc but this issue needs to be addressed, considering it was said to be fixed and clearly it hasn't. Just sayin, because it's really annoying me. I presume if I build more turrets (which are basically useless) the storyteller will just send more raiders...
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.

ShadowDragon8685

You really do need to use a wall to force the raider snipers into close range, with Callie or without.

And even with Callie, I've just resorted to building huge concrete highways along my 250x250 map. They're just too good for the raiders to resist (though I originally built them to speed up my miners' movements to outside mineral deposits.)

Really, you'd think that looking down a straight concrete path lined mostly with open graves and a few filled ones, someone would say "nope!"

But no. They cheerfully hop on the concrete and skip their way at 100% movement speed straight into the ka-boom. Mines spaced every three squares. Costs less than the three turrets that will inevitably be blown up anyway, and much less factoring in the costs of rebuilding the sandbags, etcetera, not to mention the liklihood of your colonists getting hurt or killed, even when you catch the bad guys in the open in enfilade.
Raiders must die!