ANNOUNCEMENT: Mods on the wiki

Started by Evul, January 15, 2015, 03:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Hello!
I have been making a nice and working wiki page for the mods for all you guys.
http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Mods

Add your mod the the mod list here with correct information!
Description should NOT be longer than 12 words.

As usual follow the existing format.

Make a WikiPage
A little thing you should think about before you make a new page for your mod on the wiki is:
"Will i keep maintaining the mod?"
If so you are free to make a new page! We don't what a million non updated pages, don't we.

Follow this page name:
MyMod (mod)
MyTool (tool)

it will then look like this:

rimworldwiki.com/wiki/MyMod_(mod)
rimworldwiki.com/wiki/MyMod_(tool)

A WikiPage for mods and tools uses a infobox in order to make them look the same and making them show up as mod or toolcategory. If you not using this infoBox it will simply not show up in the category.

Template:
{{infobox custom|mod/tool
|name         = displayed name
|state        = released/outdated/suspended
|logo         = adds a logo of 120px instead of the ludeon logo
|forum        = number of forum thread (e.g 33.0 to //ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33.0)
|author       = author name or team
|version      = version of mod
|comp         = which version of game is compatible with, leave blank for current
|firstrelease = the date that the mod was released for the first time.
}}

Exsample:
{{infobox custom|mod
|name         = My Little Pony
|state        = released
|author       = Evul
|version      = 1.00
|comp         = Alpha 8
|firstrelease = 2025-12-024
}}

ItchyFlea

Is it possible or allowed to add screenshots/images to the page for a mod on the wiki? I was hoping to add the image I've got on my Target Practise mod thread to the wiki page that someone made for it.

EDIT: This security question contains a typo: What is the name of the explosive rat create in the game?
It should say this: What is the name of the explosive rat creature in the game?

EDIT2: I'm seeing this when trying to create a page for my Animal Hide Working mod:
There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs, but you do not have permission to create this page.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Evul

You can change the logo if you upload and add it to the folowing line in the infoBox
|logo = Example.png
That looks for the picture in the wiki database. (See project armory for example)

Otherwise you need to upload a screenshot and use any of the following code:
[[File:Example.png|thumb|alt=Example alt text|Example caption]]
[[File:Example.png|thumb|alt=Example alt text]]
[[File:Example.png|thumb]]
[[File:Example.png]]

The "File:" prefix may be used interchangeably with "Image:":
[[Image:Example.png|thumb|alt=Example alt text|Example caption]]
[[Image:Example.png|thumb|alt=Example alt text]]
[[Image:Example.png|thumb]]
[[Image:Example.png]]

Off page screenshots are not possible as it seams.

ItchyFlea

I don't have permission to create new pages, which also affects uploading images to the wiki.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Igabod

As a spam protection measure, users with fewer than 10 edits are not allowed to add external links. Please use internal links instead (which is always to be perferred) or raise your edit count by doing a few edits without links.

Your edit count is 0.

Guess I can't add a link to my mod on this page until I make 10 edits.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Igabod on January 15, 2015, 04:00:09 PM
As a spam protection measure, users with fewer than 10 edits are not allowed to add external links. Please use internal links instead (which is always to be perferred) or raise your edit count by doing a few edits without links.

Your edit count is 0.

Guess I can't add a link to my mod on this page until I make 10 edits.
Go and edit my target practise mod 10 times. That's what I did. :)

Evul

Off wiki pictures are now supported.

Igabod

I just wanna let everybody know that I'm working on adding all the mods onto the wiki. But some of them will have no description until I am able to think up an adequate 12 word description of them. So if you can think of a good description for one that doesn't have one already just let me know and I'll get it added asap. Or you can create a wiki account and edit the descriptions yourself. Try not to modify descriptions for mods that already have one unless you are the creator of that mod please.

Winter Hermit

I think that the wiki needs some way of sorting the mods better. For instance, if i wanted a mod that adds more weapons to the game, how would i find it? At the moment i have to sift through the forums or read the list of names and descriptions in either Igabod's thread or the wiki.

Would it be possible to add some categories to the wiki so the table sorting will allow me to find content that i want to add quicker? Such categories could be armor, clothes, factions, weapons, food, work benches, overhauls, etc. The categories will never be perfect, but it'll help a bit when searching for new mods to play with.

Evul

That could be something to be looked at.

InfinityKage

Can you add a section for "Date last Updated"? That way your viewers know if a mod that they installed was updated recently.

Evul

That would be a hard thing to maintain unless we have some one or a group just handling the wikipage. I'm afraid that will not be implemented. Maby in the future if people actually update the page regularly. :)