My colonists seem to have gone on strike....

Started by CountJeffrey, January 13, 2015, 05:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountJeffrey

So I am having a wee bit of an issue and I am gonna ask if I am doing something wrong before I report it as a bug.

So what is happening is that 3 of my 6 colonists refuse to move or do anything to the point that they are killing themselves from exhaustion/starvation. Now before you ask they are NOT drafted, if I click on them it says they are undrafted and I can't move them around by right clicking. However if I do put them into drafted mode I can move them around and such but as soon as I undraft them they go back to the same spot they were standing before and again refuse to do anything, they won't even get food or sleep and as I said they kill themselves. Does anyone know why this would be happening? it may be worthy to add that it is only 3 of my 6 colonists who are doing this, the other 3 are perfectly fine.

Cheers guys :)

Coenmcj

This has been reported in the bugs forums but the OP didn't respond, definitely a bug. :)

are you running the latest version and without mods?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

CountJeffrey

I only just redownloaded Rimworld today so I believe it would be up to date (version 0.8.671??) and no I am not running any mods.

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

CountJeffrey

It does yes, however I was just playing around with it and it seemed if I moved them around enough, as in far away from where they are bugged it seems to fix it. I'll try and see if I can continue to get it to work.

MikhailBoho

Out of curiosity, did you have any locked doors, any large projects that couldn't be completed due to a lack of materials, or orders on production tables that couldn't be filled? I've noticed that sometimes when I'm in a situation where the AI cannot complete a task they're assigned to for whatever reason, they sometimes enter into the frozen state you describe, where they're just "standing". Like you said, manually moving them about with the draft function seems to unstick them, but I'm curious if the scenarios I listed above play a role.

CountJeffrey

Quote from: MikhailBoho on January 13, 2015, 06:26:32 AM
Out of curiosity, did you have any locked doors, any large projects that couldn't be completed due to a lack of materials, or orders on production tables that couldn't be filled? I've noticed that sometimes when I'm in a situation where the AI cannot complete a task they're assigned to for whatever reason, they sometimes enter into the frozen state you describe, where they're just "standing". Like you said, manually moving them about with the draft function seems to unstick them, but I'm curious if the scenarios I listed above play a role.

You know what, I think that could be a possibility. I had a couple construction projects that required ore and I was waiting for it to be mined, however 5 of my 6 colonists were able to mine (and I had areas designated), but this could still be a reason.

MikhailBoho

Has the project finished? Are they still striking?

CountJeffrey

Yep, my colony is running smoothly, it's running great now. It seems you may have been right, however I may still put in a bug report because they shouldn't starve themselves just because they lack materials.

kasimirtlw

I had this in the past too and stuffing them in a freezer for a moment seemed to help
when I released them from the freezer they went to eat again and sleep :)

The colonist in question would get up head over to the food ,stop right before and refuse to do anything.
changing priority or drafting undrafting didn't help. So out off pure spite i locked him up in the freezer
and it seemed to help. just don't forget to release him from there :)