Alpha 9 Modder Stuff

Started by ItchyFlea, January 16, 2015, 08:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

I figured I'd create a thread listing how many changes (or lack thereof) we'll have to make to mods to make them compatible with the current test build of Alpha 9.
The below is what I noticed when seeing what changes I'd have to make to make my AnimalHideWorking mod compatible.

RecipeDefs CurrentRecipeDefs NewNotes
[skillGains]
[Artistic]40[/Artistic]
[/skillGains]
[workSkill]Artistic[/workSkill]Why can't we set how much skill is gained anymore?

ResourcesCurrentResourcesNewNotes
[tradersCarry]false[/tradersCarry][tradersEverCarry]false[/tradersEverCarry]
[tradeTags]
[li ]Exotic[/li ]
[/tradeTags]
Controlled in the TraderKinds.xml file with tags like this:
[li Class="StockGenerator_Tag"]
[tradeTag]Exotic[/tradeTag]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Evul

As normal when i get a new version i compare the old version and new version of the gun code. (no relations.)
This is my findings:

New Lines:

<ThingDef Name="BaseGun" Abstract="True">
<drawGUIOverlay>true</drawGUIOverlay>
<statBases>
  <DeteriorationRate>1</DeteriorationRate>
</statBases>
<comps>
   <li>
    <compClass>CompQuality</compClass>
   </li>
</comps>

Accuracy moved and renamed it is now named Accuracy instead of accuracy:

<ThingDef ParentName="BaseHumanGun">
<statBases>

New <ThingDef ParentName="BaseGun"> tag:

<tradeTags>
<li>Exotic</li>
</tradeTags>

Removed strings:
<tradersCarry>true</tradersCarry>

Weapon cost increase (estimated 150%)
1000 to 2400
60 to 200

JuliaEllie

y u do dis I cri evertim - also another of my mods rendered useless by the base game

Tynan

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 18, 2015, 09:00:22 PM
y u do dis I cri evertim - also another of my mods rendered useless by the base game

:(! Which one?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Tynan on January 20, 2015, 01:57:03 PM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 18, 2015, 09:00:22 PM

:(! Which one?

The Quality Labels mod

But thats what you get when you mod an alpha game :D

Sorry it took a bit to respond - Infinifactory sucked me in :D

Tynan

Wow! Great minds think alike. I didn't even know you'd done that.

JuliaEllie

Hmm I wonder what happens if the game draws a label for the same Thing twice. Im using a mapcomponent to draw all the Quality Labels I will test this later.

Ramsis

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 22, 2015, 01:33:32 PM
Hmm I wonder what happens if the game draws a label for the same Thing twice. Im using a mapcomponent to draw all the Quality Labels I will test this later.

Now if only we could get Tynan to consume your auto-stockpiles for beacons... lol
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Tynan

Quote from: Ramsis on January 22, 2015, 02:02:12 PM

Now if only we could get Tynan to consume your auto-stockpiles for beacons... lol

Good idea :) But this is easy enough that I'll just do it myself.

Ramsis

Quote from: Tynan on January 22, 2015, 02:06:07 PM

As sad as it is, it's like the biggest complaint from my mom next to the lack of defensive options in the game. "We had the pad in the old version, why'd he take it away?"
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

JuliaEllie

It took me 5 f-ing hours to find out how the ZoneManager works and that Find.ZoneManager.RegisterZone(Zone) kills the whole game while ZoneMaker.MakeZoneWithCells seemed unreasonable because it still seems like it only returns a Zone from a List of IntVec3s.. Where is it even calling the ZoneManager or spawning the Zone in the world???

Ramsis

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 22, 2015, 03:00:19 PM

It took me 5 f-ing hours to find out how the ZoneManager works and that Find.ZoneManager.RegisterZone(Zone) kills the whole game while ZoneMaker.MakeZoneWithCells seemed unreasonable because it still seems like it only returns a Zone from a List of IntVec3s.. Where is it even calling the ZoneManager or spawning the Zone in the world???

I ask for it, not even 20 minutes later it seems he added it to the patch notes....

On a scale of 1 to FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF how angry are you ma'am?

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Ramsis on January 22, 2015, 03:16:14 PM

I ask for it, not even 20 minutes later it seems he added it to the patch notes....

"Added command to make trade beacon automatically generate a matching stockpile."

ITS OVER FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

Ramsis

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 22, 2015, 03:25:38 PM

"Added command to make trade beacon automatically generate a matching stockpile."

Sorry <3

Only other mod I could see of yours that would fit in Vanilla other than stockpiling is the canning idea for better food storage instead of mass freezing food but pretty sure Tynan isn't in a automatic crafting for RimWorld area yet.

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Ramsis on January 22, 2015, 03:30:25 PM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 22, 2015, 03:25:38 PM

Sorry <3

Only other mod I could see of yours that would fit in Vanilla other than stockpiling is the canning idea for better food storage instead of mass freezing food but pretty sure Tynan isn't in a automatic crafting for RimWorld area yet.

I thought about auto crafting many times but I think its not necessary yet. Maybe later when there is stuff you really need a lot of or ammunition.